• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any Other non PM Investments?

Thanks for the advice, good job I hold RRS then  :).

All jesting aside I've said it before do not hold all your eggs in one basket or you'll get burnt.

Now is definitely not a good time to buy into stocks unless you are an experienced investor with a strong stomach and don't need any fiat quickly.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Thanks for the advice, good job I hold RRS then :).

All jesting aside I've said it before do not hold all your eggs in one basket or you'll get burnt.

Now is definitely not a good time to buy into stocks unless you are an experienced investor with a strong stomach and don't need any fiat quickly.

Or you are a professional trader and it's not your money that you lose!!

Or you are a professional trader and it's not your money that you lose!!

Absolutely right CF, brokers interests and yours are not necessarily the same,or to be more succinct they don't give a s--t as long as they make money. 

• 11 months later...

I recommend taking a look at abundancegeneration.com

It's a long term play.  20 years in fact.  The returns are very good and it is still a little known website so they are still working hard to bring in new investors and as such the returns are still very attractive.  We will always need electricity and chances are for many years government subsidies will continue to mean that green electricity can be profitable.

Through this site I have an investment in two different wind turbine projects and one solar farm.  The returns are around 8% per annum plus you get 1/20th of your capital back on each anniversary of your investment in what is a 20 year debenture.

Worth a look folks!

• 2 weeks later...

It is not just banks that would go bust if interest rates rise. Most of the nations of the developed world have stupendous quantities of debt that would have been unimaginable a generation ago. Also corporate debt and household debt are at or near record levels. The fact is that nobody can afford higher interest rates, which is why the central banks keep talking about raising rates but never do it. At some point they may feel obliged to make a gesture such as a 0.25% or 0.5% raise just to save face, but it is unlikely to be more than that.

Eventually the market will decide the matter: some government will auction a fresh batch of bonds and the buyers will bid at a low price, implying a higher interest rate, because of their lack of confidence in that country's currency. The more QE happens, the sooner that lack of confidence will kick in.

I have loads of old football programmes and some signed pictures. Adams, Wright, Begkamp, Vieira, Thomas, Smith, Mcklintock,George etc plus some squad signed stuff.

They are not things I ever want to sell but they will always have some value to an Arsenal fan.

I have signed Van Basten, Ronaldo (BRA), Gullit prints and bizzarly dozens of the banners that hung from the lampposts in Brent during Euro 96 of various England greats like Lofthouse, Moore, Lineker etc.

And a shit load of old football books I bought from a jumble sale stuff from the 40's/50's/60's which will be sellable.

http://www.puddletownbookshop.co.uk/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=25888

Link to a shop selling a Bobby Moore banner if anyone is wondering what I was on about.

They hung from lamposts across London Borough of Brent and along Wembley Way etc.

I reckon they must be about 6'6" because I had the Bobby Moore and Linker ones of either side of my bedroom door as a kid.....

My first hobby/addiction was football :) and still is when I think about it :)

mr doom and gloom checking in 

i have just started depositing money on a hargreaves lansdown  share account ,  i am of the belief that a crash or correction is coming , so just trying to get ready , it wont make me much  but i lost a bit in shares through a well known tip sheet , id like the money back if i can

i also look for peter owen jones signed limited edition pictures, he was a teacher from sheffield who painted mostly steam trains  

so if i can get those i will buy them 

i did once buy 19 wedgwood calendar plates  which i still have (lord knows why i bought them)

the bigest scam i got was a invitation card which was for banksy work to be auctioned one evening i bought it on e bay from i think chris yeo antiques 

it was basically a personal invitation card with a banksy design on the front , to selected people  it was bulled up by this antiques guy as a rare item etc etc 

when i checked and manage to trace the original designer of the invitation   she kindly informed me it was worth **** all   cheers mr yeo for that   think i paid £18 for it

mr doom and gloom checking in 

i have just started depositing money on a hargreaves lansdown  share account ,  i am of the belief that a crash or correction is coming , so just trying to get ready , it wont make me much  but i lost a bit in shares through a well known tip sheet , id like the money back if i can

Craig just clarify this for me re the above I take it you are putting your cash on deposit with Hargreaves Lansdown to take advantage of any forth coming correction.

or share account , whatever you want to call it  , its basically a share dealing account   your question seems to imply its very risky

I am no investment expert however as I understand it people tend to handpick investments they believe will do well in a crash or wait until the crash and buy at a fraction of the true value. I am sure you posted something similar in a previous post Craig?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

or share account , whatever you want to call it , its basically a share dealing account your question seems to imply its very risky

Putting cash on deposit or into a share dealing account are very different things.

If you are expecting a crash, a general share account is one of the last places you would want your money.

Better off either depositing cash or keeping in your bank account, ready to purchase should the markets crash.

Stacker since 2013

ill re inspect it , its basically you deposit any amount of money from £50 upwards ,  then when a certain share is selected you can hit the button  buy now   , this then takes you to spend the money in your share account and obviously you cant spend any more than you have inc dealing charges

I thought it was standard practice that you had to have a deposit with the broker before you could buy on line  when I was with td waterhouse in the paper days , you would ring the broker and days later you sent a cheque in

the risk would depend on the exact terms and conditions.

(read this carefully). why don't you slowly take it all out as

cash? currently there's virtually no interest to lose anyway.

you should be able to pay it in quickly to any account

should you need to. obviously there is the increased risk of

theft.

HH

if you don't plan to immediately deal in shares,

then don't add to a share dealing account and

let the money wait there for when you do want

to buy shares. paying money in is easy, taking

it out can be difficult. for money already in there,

it gets more complicated as there's usually fees

for withdraws(you could try to get it back out if

you're still in the cooling off period). also some