• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

External bridge or not? Sigma Verifier

Hi all would appreciate any thoughts or feedback. I did a lot of research into getting a sigma verifier a while back in November 2020 and hot a little put out by the taxes now due. I am now prepared to “bite the bullet” though they are now finally back in stock.  

I am not sure if I want the bridge though. 

I was thinking the large wand attachment should be good enough to verifier a 1 Kilo Metalor bar. Max I would buy privately or me prepared to verify for a third party. 

2765B2EE-4E90-49AE-A812-28671EAD21D7.jpeg

I’ll happily tell you what I did, I don’t buy bars, so I just went with the Sigma Pro.

For coins it was more than sufficient for me and definitely works on all my coins and sovereigns, found 2 1oz Silver fakes, which were so obvious afterwards 🙄 kept them them to remind me.

The rest I tested, pictured and sent off to storage, safe in that knowledge. The 1kg bars I had would show up under the wands, I’m not 100% sure those wands do penetrate all the way through though? Others may know better.

I only have the original version of the Sigma, not the pro, so my information might not be totally accurate.  The bullion wand does give you a bit more depth, but depending on the dimensions of the bar, even the bullion wand won't be able to scan it entirely.  The best you can do is scan multiple locations on every side of the bar to maximize the chance of finding irregularities if there are any.  I've never used the bridge and don't know it's capabilities, but if you plan on buying multiples of those kilo bars, it might be worth the added expense of the bridge for greater scanning depth.

23 hours ago, mr1030 said:

I only have the original version of the Sigma, not the pro, so my information might not be totally accurate.  The bullion wand does give you a bit more depth, but depending on the dimensions of the bar, even the bullion wand won't be able to scan it entirely.  The best you can do is scan multiple locations on every side of the bar to maximize the chance of finding irregularities if there are any.  I've never used the bridge and don't know it's capabilities, but if you plan on buying multiples of those kilo bars, it might be worth the added expense of the bridge for greater scanning depth.

Agree, the bridge is worth the extra expense for its scanning depth.   I believe the wand has a scanning depth limitation, so you need to take that into consideration.