• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How much is a 1oz 007 No Time To Die Bar Worth?

I bought this bar a few months back and now they have completely sold out  and only have a mintage of 5000 I'm wondering what the current value would be for one. Any input would be much appreciated. 

james_bond_1oz_gold_bullion_bar_side_2_in_packaging-1500x1500-f3a2c67-1.jpg

Edited by KeeperOfCthulhu

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get it. In my ignorance of gold bars, and with, I'm afraid, an instinctive lack of appreciation for all these contemporary themed bits of gold ( with exceptions e.g. the Queen's Beasts have a certain timeless or at least historic quality to them, even if the actual statues date only from c. 1950), I don't understand how the addition of a meagre few words, not requiring much artistic or engraving effort, can elevate a gold bar much above mere bullion value. Perhaps I will be slated for my opinion, but there it is. 

9 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I don't get it. In my ignorance of gold bars, and with, I'm afraid, an instinctive lack of appreciation for all these contemporary themed bits of gold ( with exceptions e.g. the Queen's Beasts have a certain timeless or at least historic quality to them, even if the actual statues date only from c. 1950), I don't understand how the addition of a meagre few words, not requiring much artistic or engraving effort, can elevate a gold bar much above mere bullion value. Perhaps I will be slated for my opinion, but there it is. 

I get your point and have relatively little stored in proofs as they will be harder for my children to sell when I'm gone; but with that said, the RM really did a good job, IMO, with both the Queens Beasts and Una and Lion/The Great Engavors.

Personally, I would not say the same for the James Bond stuff, in any of it's forms, this bar was, apparantly a run of 5,000 @ about £1450, but it's not a premium item, for/to me personally - others however may like that series.

One of the great things for collectors is the truly massive choices they have in both PM's and mints/ranges within them - it makes some stunning viewing seeing the eclactic collections some other people have amassed. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, Coverte said:

I get your point and have relatively little stored in proofs as they will be harder for my children to sell when I'm gone; but with that said, the RM really did a good job, IMO, with both the Queens Beasts and Una and Lion/The Great Engavors.

Personally, I would not say the same for the James Bond stuff, in any of it's forms, this bar was, apparantly a run of 5,000 @ about £1450, but it's not a premium item, for/to me personally - others however may like that series.

One of the great things for collectors is the truly massive choices they have in both PM's and mints/ranges within them - it makes some stunning viewing seeing the eclactic collections some other people have amassed. 

You write very reasonably.

Of course, I have to agree that a wide choice in every field is, in theory, good; everyone to his or her own taste; it's a free market - and so on. I suppose, on the plus side, all these premium issues that have, in my opinion, an uncertain future as a store of value, may soak up some capital that might otherwise go towards pushing up the prices of the coins that I would consider worth purchasing for the long term. I am not, however, all that experienced or expert in these matters.

I think that I ought to have wished the OP every luck with his purchase, which I now do. It is a perfectly good choice, given the limited edition, even if not to my taste, which is an irrelevant consideration. I must admit that I had a rush of blood to the head earlier this summer and bought a 1oz gold Queen's Beast at what I knew was an exorbitant premium, but I went ahead anyway. It is one of the more sought after Beasts, but I am not sure that it was a wise decision. So perhaps I cannot talk about modern premium coins or bars.

57 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I think that I ought to have wished the OP every luck with his purchase, which I now do. It is a perfectly good choice, given the limited edition, even if not to my taste, which is an irrelevant consideration. I must admit that I had a rush of blood to the head earlier this summer and bought a 1oz gold Queen's Beast at what I knew was an exorbitant premium, but I went ahead anyway. It is one of the more sought after Beasts, but I am not sure that it was a wise decision. So perhaps I cannot talk about modern premium coins or bars.

Maybe he just wanted some guidance - which he did get from both @Tn21 and @dicker and that was all he needs, for now at least.

He may come back, he may not, I suspect many don't, but it may be argued it's his loss if he doesn't return, becomes a stacker/collector and gets resultantly gets shafted at some point

If nothing else, he may now realise the RM is not always the great deal it purports to be.......

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.