• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The buzz

The buzz around the internet about the recent rise In Gold/Silver is so evident, and this is over a fairly small claw back of losses, can you imagine what it will be like when gold and silver is seen by the masses as the next best investment , "dont trust the bankers or over valued shares/property get it whilst there's still some left! ect"

Its nice to see a rise, and be reminded that its only a matter of time till the next bull run, im not even going to try and guess if this the start of it or a bull trap before the next crash down to under £8 per ounce but either way..it nice to see a bit of action! 

I know what you mean:P 

Is there a price that you would sell at right now?, lets say it rose to £25 per ounce in the next month ( I don't for one min think that will actually happen ) would you be tempted to sell? and wait for a crash to reinvest?

I Cant decide lol, I have no idea when I would sell, ideally when random people on the street are talking about it.

They say selling is the hardest part of any investment. I would say more so when its your prized gold and silver. Fear of selling and losing future gains, fear of not selling and seeing the price fall back. I work on the assumption I will never be able to time the top (or bottom) of a market, so I figure when the price rises to a point I am happy with and the money can be put to good use elsewhere - that is a good time for me to sell. I will never sell all of my gold though.

As I wanted to tidy up my gold anyway, I have started to lock in some gains from gold picked up last year when we in the low £700's. I don't know if it has peaked yet, but I can see the mainstream getting excited, which for me is a sign to take some gains.

I have no idea when it will drop again, but I will be ready to buy again when it does. If it remains high next week I may get rid of some more, but will not sell it all whatever the price.

As for silver, that has a fair way to go to make gains.

NOTE: I have used a certain company in London (our favourite) and one in Birmingham for the nicer items. Very pleased with prices and speed of payment, particularly the former who received the package at 8 and had the money in my account by 12 noon.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

58 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

I know what you mean:P 

Is there a price that you would sell at right now?, lets say it rose to £25 per ounce in the next month ( I don't for one min think that will actually happen ) would you be tempted to sell? and wait for a crash to reinvest?

I Cant decide lol, I have no idea when I would sell, ideally when random people on the street are talking about it.

If it goes to £25 an ounce I'll be straight onto ebay to flog off all my premium stuff, proofs, sterling and  0.50 stuff. I'll be keeping the bog standard bullion .999 stuff though.

My plan is has always been to hold until I see double what I paid, I'm averaging £13.40 an ounce with some decent semi numismatic stuff like Lunars, Pandas etc so if I saw £25 an ounce I would sell half to recoup everything I've laid out and would happily wait a bit longer hoping prices kept going upwards with the remaining half and since it now owes me nothing I would not be down if the price went the other way.

I think it will come down to next week, Deutsche Bank results and if the markets believe them.  

Link   http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21692879-it-has-been-traumatic-week-european-banks-their-problems-run-deepest-italy-borrowed?zid=300&ah=e7b9370e170850b88ef129fa625b13c4

I have already taken cash out of my bank just in case there is is a run on a bank in the UK and banks are closed. 

If the market believes the results everything will be OK, IMO Gold will drop back not as low as before, if on the other hand if the market is not convinced then we will have another Gold bull market.

I have to admit I bought some coins off Arshi a few weeks ago just to flip but I'm finding it hard to sell!!  

I've been steadily taking cash out of my bank for months now just a bit at a time, I also have plans to transfer cash into if even the merest hint of a bank run rears its head, I figure I could fund Paypal, Royal MInt and even bookmakers accounts like Betfair quickly just to get money out of my bank and if nothing happens then I can simply transfer it all back.

Archived