• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

whats a really special box item to buy

craig12

hi everyone , im really fascinated with boxed items where there is a selection of items within    ie  john pinches ingots  or set of 10 silver shields (commemorative) or simply a set of silver coins in a wooden box etc  (its probably the presentation box im emphasising more here)   can member help me please 

what is the best item to buy whereby you shouldnt lose money in the long run and is highly wanted by most    as an example  i find the john pinches stuff lovely to look at but i get the feeling nobody wants em   as ive seen em on e bay over and over again  re listed  

would it be that proof britannia sets are the best or a set of 4 coloured maples  or a proof set of silver coins from belize or another country

just fancied buying something with a certificate  where theres not thousands lying around , and when you open the box it really is a beautifull item 

any clues guys  looking for about £150 to spend    regards craig

also like stamps and ingots 

On 2/6/2016 at 23:32, craig12 said:

what is the best item to buy whereby you shouldnt lose money in the long run and is highly wanted by most    as an example  i find the john pinches stuff lovely to look at but i get the feeling nobody wants em   as ive seen em on e bay over and over again  re listed  'Thousands Years of the British Monarchy' 50 x 2oz  sterling silver ingots by John Pinches. .

If you have the money to outlay you will not go far wrong in buying the 1970's  'Thousand Years of the British Monarchy' 2 oz x 50 sterling silver ingots by Pinches

As you allude to in your note, these don't usually command a great resale as a  complete set, and in the past i have picked up a few sets at around spot. Thus a low cost to purchase

As and when you are ready to liquidate, and It you have the time and can wait to role you money over, you can break up the set and sell  the ingots as singles. As each ingot is hallmarked you attract a wider field of collectors and the subject matter also adds interest. As long as you are not greedy, price sensibly, and having bought for a good price, you should be able to move these fairly easily and at a tidy profit.

On 2/6/2016 at 13:50, JohnAnsink said:

I am an American, so this was really special to me. I collect Kennedy's. Cheap but beautiful, not in a wooden box, though.. I think it has International appeal too

http://catalog.usmint.gov/50th-anniversary-kennedy-2014-half-dollar-silver-coin-collection-K13.html?cgid=kennedy-half-dollars#start=1

I picked up the Kennedy set when I ordered the Mark Twain coins.

• 1 month later...

seen a 3 coin libertad proof set on e bay £82 is that expensive? i think danny boy sold the same set on here at £62  but silver spot was less then ................. lovley set    for £82 ...........                          nice set for under a £100  i can afford it to put away for long term but is that a fair price?

18 minutes ago, craig12 said:

seen a 3 coin libertad proof set on e bay £82 is that expensive? i think danny boy sold the same set on here at £62  but silver spot was less then ................. lovley set    for £82 ...........                          nice set for under a £100  i can afford it to put away for long term but is that a fair price?

@morezone could be worth a try?

HH

im always back buying danny  just dont want to pay too much for silver  with the vat and all that    proof sets  isnt my speciallity but it seems a nice set for £82  i have around £200 spare this month

• 1 month later...

Archived