• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hattons of London

MartinBrennan064

Personally I wouldn’t bother, 1 gram 22 ct. It is a tiny coin very underwhelming. What are your stacking goals? If you you are just stacking for weight I would save the money and buy a full or half bullion sov. 

3 minutes ago, MartinBrennan064 said:

Very new to this, instead of taking our money out of the bank we're turning it into Silver and gold, we've been buying mainly 1oz Silver coins and gold sovereigns 

👌keep on with the sovereigns , best bang for your buck.

Every once in a while one of the companies that tend to advertise in the papers do post a cracking deal, but generally they use them as loss leaders to get your info to then endlessly try to sell you stuff WAY over the odds. Personally i avoid them and just focus on they stuff from the more established bullion companies and private individuals. If you have a wood burning stove, the junk mail might just save you good money in kindling though :D 

43 minutes ago, MartinBrennan064 said:

Would you bother with these offers you see regular in the papers?

I've only ever taken advantage of the £50 1g gold bar deals. Few and far between these days. 

As GBS ^^^ mentions loss leaders are used to sell overpriced items so mind how you go !

4 hours ago, MartinBrennan064 said:

Hello new to the forum, Hattons of London are advertising a 1/8th gold sovereign £69 + £4.99 p&p does anyone else buy these? Also Harrington and Byrne do similar, advice would be welcome thanks 

They tend to use this kind of "tempter" to lure you in - then you get pestered to death with mail/emails/texts - so approach with caution IMHO

If it helps - I laugh every time I see their advert for a 1gram "tiddly" coin!

As other wiser members than me have said I’d give it a miss

equivalent to a full sovereign at £550 which at the moment is knocking on the door of 75% premium - and it will be tiny!

in these circumstances I would definitely look to save longer for a half sovereign or 1/10 Britannia 

Archived