• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014.ย Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topicย posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :)ย happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads.ย 

Slightly damaged gold coin

srnec

Hello guys, sorry for the weird question but I am beginner in stacking gold and silver. Yesterday I bought 1 oz gold phillharmonic from munze ostereich and as I was unpacking it I accidentally dropped it on the table causing very slight scratch on the edge of the coin. Is that gonna be a problem in the future when I try to sell it? There is a picture of the coin in an attachment Thanks

IMG_20210115_084207.jpg

Hi there and welcome to the forum! Also, great start with a 1oz gold of your stacking journey!

That is unfortunate, but I would say it doesn't matter all too much since the coin you purchased is not necessarily a coin that would already hold a premium. 1oz gold is 1oz gold, I think you'll still be able to sell it for 1-2% above spot price once you want to get rid of it. Plenty of people don't mind a slightly damagedย coin for a good price.ย 

There's quite some dealers that offer ''best value'' coins, which are usually coins like yours, no longer in perfect condition. That doesn't deter people from buying those.ย 

All the best,

Alex

Welcome to the forum. :)
I cant speak for everyone, but I'm a bullion guy and that's a bullion coin. It wouldn't put me off buying it. I have a few coins that are a little beat up and a 10oz bar that's seen a bit of action. Still has it's intrinsic weight value though.

That's a bullion coin so a slight dink like that wont effect its value.

If you do buy a proof coin or a coin with some numismaticย value them I wouldn't handle it with your bare hands like you are in the photo, it's best to leave it in a capsule. A fingerprint or a piece of dust would lower its value considerably and dropping it would turnย it intoย a bullion coin.

ย 

• 5 weeks later...

Ha, ha! Don't worry, don't sorry! Any stacker should have a damaged coin in his stack. That special coin and only that one will be handled thousands times by your children, to let them feel the smell and taste of gold! I can imagine you and your kids: "Dad, may I touch your coins? / Yeah, take THE COIN and play half of hour! Wash it after and put it back."

But if is a big problem for you and you really want to have a perfect THE FIRST, I can buy it from you at spot price today. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜…

Cheers and keep stacking!

Stefan.

Archived