• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has anyone ever used elm investments?

Connor

On 05/12/2020 at 15:09, Connor said:

I found a company 'elm investments Ltd which was dissolved but going off the address you've listed, I'm assuming I was looking at the wrong company. I'm going to give them a call i think.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Connor

Just be careful.  The prices on their website are a little off.

For example, someone I know told me to visit a particular “dealer” this weekend.  I did and found the price of handled Proof Sovs were GBP700 each...yes each. There were also some suspiciously perfect Roman coins for 700 each, with provenance unknown. 

Personally I use the forum Sov price tracker and a degree of scepticism when buying gold or silver for stacking.   

Let us know how you get on!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

15 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Let us know how you get on.

15 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi Connor

Just be careful.  The prices on their website are a little off.

For example, someone I know told me to visit a particular “dealer” this weekend.  I did and found the price of handled Proof Sovs were GBP700 each...yes each. There were also some suspiciously perfect Roman coins for 700 each, with provenance unknown. 

Personally I use the forum Sov price tracker and a degree of scepticism when buying gold or silver for stacking.   

Let us know how you get on!

Best

Dicker

Hi mate. Yeah I agree, it does seem a little off. I think I'll give them a call and see what they are saying, and if they are willing to let people view the items before they buy. The fact they've been on the go for years is a positive, but normally something that's too good to be true, is just that 😂 I'll post an update on here once I've contacted them.

So I spoke to them on the phone, they are a supplier rather than a dealer, they mainly sell to jewelers and metal dealers. Apparently they will only consider private buyers who are purchasing 10 or more sovereigns at a time. They said they would only sell after recieveing proof of ID and address etc. They won't allow viewing before buying for any less than that, as it's all done by post. As they say on dragon's den..'I'm out'. 

I have said it before but the best place I have bought from for non specific coins is the forum.  

Not had a single bad transaction, and everyone I have dealt with has been a gentleman.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

5 hours ago, Connor said:

Apparently they will only consider private buyers who are purchasing 10 or more Sovereigns 

Would be nice to afford to buy 10 Sovereigns at once but slighty out of my price. "I'm out too"

53 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Would be nice to afford to buy 10 Sovereigns at once but slighty out of my price. "I'm out too"

Chards you're looking at 3400ish pound. Elm you're looking at 3360ish. If you had that kind of money, I think the 40 pound difference is worth spending. The half sovereigns looked really good for someone like me who would only be buying one or two a month if I'm lucky but they could turn out to be very expensive chocolate coins 🤔 

Archived