• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what to buy for maximum increase

craig12

Are these the kiwi coins your talking about?

http://www.coininvest.com/en/silver-coins/kiwi/new-zealand-1-kiwi-1oz-silver-bu-2012/

Price is a bit expensive at £32.06? though does include 20% VAT.

Mintage of 13,500. So If there is demand I guess the price is not that bad, similar sort of statistics to the Stock Horse coin, around 10k mintage and under £35.

Yeah but I wouldn't get them from coininvest. Bought one and it came in a carrier bag instead of the sealed card packaging. I think that's some cheap version on coininvest. Check out how much people are asking for back dated years on eBay. (I know it doesn't mean they get what they ask), but you'll struggle to find any for cheap. I think weighton coins sell them for around £49 or so last time I checked. If I sold one now on ebay, I think I'd get £40+ for it, no bother, so they keep value well.

I have one from 2012. 

I already have this pic on my computer  (doesn't show the full card and there's a Taku sat on top for some reason.

attachicon.gif015.JPG

That's the one. I have 2009-2014 years. I really like the Fiji Taku's too although I only have a couple of 1/2oz versions of them.

I agree BB about the Kiwis , I bought 10 (Carded) 2012 from coininvest, and the premium on them now is fantastic, only wish I had bought 50!!

Never mind.

Yeah but you have around 0.074% of the annual world supply. Anything more is just greed :P But I agree. I wish I had more too.

• 2 months later...

ASEs have an unlimited mintage and was around 40 million last year.  The design is static.

Pandas have a limited mintage and is currently set at 8 million.  The design changes annually.

It all depends. The Eagle is easily recognisable and ought to be easy to sell. It's really only worth it's silver value but it is quite cheap to buy. As an American, the Eagle is permissible as part of your retirement fund, whereas collectable coins and foreign bullion coins aren't. The Panda is more scarce and you will pay more for them. There's a chance collector demand will keep the prices high, but it is still only 1oz of silver at the end of the day, and you will pay more for it. 

Most of us Europeans tend to choose coins because there is sales tax on silver bars, but not always on coins if you buy smartly. Without the tax, bars would be a far more efficient way to buy silver than coins.

But anyway, the title of the thread is what to buy for maximum increase. Any increase really depends on what happens around the world, and what timeframe you base it on. I've concluded there is no single answer to this question. If the world carries on as it is, and just using the examples mentioned, Pandas look good for flipping - they have consistently maintained their premiums on the secondary market, if thats how you want to "cash in". If everything comes crashing down (or you are just forced to sell to a dealer at spot price) and all that matters is how much precious metal you have, you'd have overpaid massively buying anything other than the cheapest bars and coins you can get your hands on.

• Founder & Administrator

^I agree. Pandas seem to be the best for flipping a few years down the line. But if your going to sell to a dealer rather than directly to the secondary market it is probably best to get the cheapest silver (though it depends on the dealer and what your selling, as some dealers buy certain items back with a small premium as well)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I think coins that change their designs have a much better chance of increasing

in value should the market permit. there must be loads of fake eagles out there

and most importantly after decades of perfecting their designs the counterfeiters

must have a 'perfect' fake by now. whilst panda's are often counterfeited there

are often visual signs to look out for. it's easier for the price to rise if people are

confident that they are buying the genuine product.

HH

Archived