• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New to stacking got these with marks should I return >?

Drawga

New to buying gold & silver, Yes im a noob but have the mindstate for stacking for future.

Got these the other day, 10x 1oz 2020 Silver Britannia most of them finger prints on them, one with milk spot, but oddly all them have a weird marking near centre, a trio of chips or somthing?

Left a 3 star review on the website, and the guys willing to swap the coins for better ones I presume.. long story short is it worth swapping if I'm stacking for the future - like will there be greatly devalued later on down the line?

Cheers

Images attached

thumbnail_IMG_20201020_172407.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201022_170212.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201022_170236.jpg

The main brits that are showing will eventually look like they have tiger suits on with the finger prints, that I can see on them,

however with the offer a replacement it would be up to yourself.

Silver won't take long to show a finger print, and once it is on the coin it etches itself to the surface. 

If these are all from the same batch those marks could be from a damaged die.When a die is damaged the marks show up as an opposite, so a dig in would show as a bubble out on a coin.

Can't really tell by the picture, however would be good to look around on other sellers sites to see if any have the same mark. 

Some collectors collect clipped coins, clashed dies and the like, so there might be a small amount of additional interested if these marks are Die related.Price wise probably no difference.

4 hours ago, Drawga said:

New to buying gold & silver, Yes im a noob but have the mindstate for stacking for future.

Got these the other day, 10x 1oz 2020 Silver Britannia most of them finger prints on them, one with milk spot, but oddly all them have a weird marking near centre, a trio of chips or somthing?

Left a 3 star review on the website, and the guys willing to swap the coins for better ones I presume.. long story short is it worth swapping if I'm stacking for the future - like will there be greatly devalued later on down the line?

Cheers

Images attached

thumbnail_IMG_20201020_172407.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201022_170212.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20201022_170236.jpg

Depends where did you buy them from, and how much did you pay is the real question? 

If you are new, I would recommend buying from the silver forum for starters. 

Great value, and trustworthy and prices reflect market/quality. 

Great response to this guys, I may just hold on to them, just wanted to know to what degree did I get bumped 😅

I got them from bullionbypost.co.uk  10# 1oz silver 2020 Britannia for £300

Stumbled over a youtube page of backyard bullion & seen the silver forum as a sponser.. thought I'd ask the forum.

I got some gold from that bullion by post and they seemed flawless, then got that silver a few days later. But aye, I'll probs buy silver here from now on, since I'm a noob.

I'll upload better pictures when I'm back from work, when I've got some daylight.

I bought 3 x Queens Beasts lions direct from the RM and they all came with minting damage. You can plainly see that something got caught in the die causing a small 'dig' in the same place on each of the coins. Coming from more of a numismatic background, i kept them as error coins.

Here's the rub though - if i tried to sell them now they would not command the same (high) premium as unblemished coins.

On bullion coins, collected for intrinsic value, it really makes not a lot of difference. 

As flipper (or 'collector') coins the marks will probably reduce any potential profit should that particular coin prove popular to the masses. 

There's a fine line between a damaged coin and a mint error coin !!!

Archived