• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2020 5oz Silver Proof Britannia

Jimmock

20200917_125821.thumb.jpg.e43b306cb4ec8ea574f89df1ffe1b925.jpg20200917_125413.thumb.jpg.33345f0374ab241b9d9a4a20a7031a7f.jpg20200921_163422.thumb.jpg.5d391419465bcdd5e8db7da9276f95f7.jpg20200921_163246.thumb.jpg.3841adcc1a588fec06b1e6e529c16d9b.jpg

Currently unable to load more photos at moment,coin appears in perfect condition,if anybody wants more photos P.M. me.

For Auction - C.O.A. 110 of only 250

Starting bid £520(or higher). Unsure how to price this,so if you think I'm way off,please let me know.

Minimum increments of £2

Auction ends - Friday 25th at 7pm

Will post S.D.(which I will cover for U.K,will split for overseas.) next day.

Bank Transfer Only

Any questions please ask.  Ta.

On 22/09/2020 at 12:48, Jimmock said:

Not a bid,but a bump!😊 Also if anybody has any comments/questions regarding price,feel free to comment,As I've already said,was very unsure what to price this at.

Maybe you should start it off closer to what the RM retail price was, then members will be more likely and eager to participate. Just my thoughts :)

Very niche, high premium item at over the RRP as I understand. I don't know anything about it but assume that the only bidders would be someone who is looking specifically for it for a collection. Desirable high end items sell slowly as most people are looking for silver up to 30% premium. 

To be honest I was very surprised by the starting price for an item from this year. The only thing I've seen for sale at that kind of premium is a 2000 panda but that's 20 years old. 

I sold a 2016 one of these recently at auction and it went for under £200 so that gives you some idea, I was expecting more like £350+ For mine to be honest. I was told before I sent mine to auction due to the poor royal mint quality issues on these that these don’t command the prices they use to and have dropped a lot.

There was a bit of interest in these 5 oz proofs a few years ago but I honestly think that was on the back of the 2014 issue. They seem to have died a death in recent years, I'm surprised they even sell out at the mint.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

18 hours ago, Jimmock said:

I do think I misjudged it,I think that it's only a 250 mintage swayed me. Sold out everywhere even the London Coin Company at £899. In two minds whether to get it graded or not now.

Ignore the London coin company prices they seem to often double or triple their prices. I’ve seen coins prices by them at way over triple the cost of others. I feel for the inexperienced Buyers who get caught on these. Be interesting to see what they would offer for yours

Archived