• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Norse Gods/Legends Antique Silver Ultra-high Relief Series (3)

Luker2

Cook Islands - ( 9 coins will be issued )
First one is Odin
Ultra High Relief
Weight: 2 oz
Mintage:1000

~$110 Euro (   http://www.muenzdachs.de/epages/63784639.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63784639/Products/1353 )

post-207-0-91098500-1440218332_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-20836800-1440218400_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=_6lThbZ8VPU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nieu Islands ( 4-Coin Series )

• 2 oz Of .999 Pure Silver with an Antique Finish

Mintage Of Only 750 Coins

•  $5 Legal Tender
  • Produced In Switzerland At The Helvetic Mint
  • Designed By Famed Artist Heidi Wastweet
  • Includes Stunning Wooden Box And COA

Unknown Price (Not yet released )

post-207-0-30099400-1440218754_thumb.jpg

More About The Odin Silver Coin
In many Nordic and Germanic traditions, Odin is the steward of the underworld, Valhalla, and is often accompanied by his two ravens and a pair of wolves. He is a central figure throughout Norse mythology. Even the day of the week “Wednesday” is his namesake in several languages, from Woden in Old English and Wodan in Old German.

Powerful, wise, and venerated, Odin is now featured on the first of the limited-mintage 4-coin Norse Gods series. Each legal tender coin is struck from .999 fine silver. Subsequent issues in the series will include other prominent deities from the Norse tradition, such as Thor and Loki.

http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/featured/odin-silver-coin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tokelau Legends of Asgard  (3-Coin Series )

Ultra High Relief on steroids- 50mm diameter

3 oz Of .999 Pure Silver with an Antique Finish

$10 Legal Tender

Mintage of 1500

COA etched on rim

~$179 US (  http://choicemint.com/dealer-locator/ )        

post-207-0-57714200-1440219453_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-65836800-1440219468_thumb.jpg

http://agaunews.com/world-exclusive-look-max-relief-odin-coin-launches-choice-mint-legends-asgard-series/

*************************************************************************************************************************

NOT UHR

Anonymous Mint Gods of Norse Series

1 oz of .999 silver Mirror Finish/Proof

Mintage  of 2000

COA etched on rim

$59.99 US

post-207-0-77195600-1440221094_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-55339700-1440221134_thumb.jpg

Introducing the first in a new series:  ODIN, The All-Father, silver proof, mirror finish, one troy ounce coin.  The reverse design is VALKYRIE, Chooser of the Slain.  ODIN premiers the Norse God Coin Series.

This exquisite coin features the artwork of world-renowned artist and illustrator, Howard David Johnson. His realistic illustrations are forever captured in .999 fine silver.

Mintage has been limited to 2000 rim-numbered silver medallion coins.  These coins have been struck at America's oldest private mint, Osborne Coinage.  To add dimension and detail, three dimensional sculpts have been crafted by master sculptor Luigi Badia to forge this coin.

ODIN, The All-Father, is portrayed on the obverse of the coin.  In Norse mythology, Odin was the most important of the gods and ruler of Asgard, the land of gods. He was the eldest and father of the gods.  In his quest for wisdom, Odin sacrificed his right eye at Mimir's Well of Wisdom.  Odin is seen holding his spear, Gungnir, that never misses its mark.  He was often accompanied by his animal companions.  Each day his ravens Hugin and Munin would fly out over the world and return to Odin to report all that they had heard and seen.  Geri and Freki were Odin's wolves and are seen at his feet.  He was also known as Odin the Wanderer and would be seen in Midgard, the world of men, wearing a wide-brimmed hat, cloak and carrying a staff.

VALKYRIE, Chooser of the Slain, is portrayed on the coin reverse.  The Valkyrie were Odin's band of warrior maidens that rode through the sky on horseback watching over battles.  When men fought each other on the battlefield for land or riches, Odin and the Valkyrie would decide who would live and who would die.  The Valkyrie had winged helmets, and as they stormed through the clouds on their steeds, their swords glinted like lightening in the sky.  It is said the Valkyrie would be seen by a man in battle and he would know to fight with reckless fury until he himself fell.  The Valkyrie would throw him across her saddle and ride into the sky to Asgard.  They would bring their chosen to the afterlife hall in Valhalla.  Valhalla was Odin's great hall in Asgard where his army of fallen heroes lived out their days in glory - feasting, drinking and fighting.

The Norse God Coin Series is presented by Julie Lindquist, Series Creator, in conjunction with the Anonymous Mint.

THE NORSE GOD COIN SERIES- THIS IS #1 IN THIS GREAT SERIES- ODIN THE ALL-FATHER

BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK FROM HOWARD DAVID JOHNSON

ONLY 2000 WILL BE MINTED

1 TROY OUNCE MIRROR-FINISH SOLID .999 FINE INVESTMENT-GRADE SILVER MEDALLION

THIS 1 OZ .999 FINE SILVER COIN IS PROOF , THE COIN COMES BOXED-NUMBERED ON THE COIN RIM WITH MATCHING NUMBER SIGNED COA PAPERWORK

THE COA IS DOUBLE SIDED WITH THE ODIN ARTWORK FROM HOWARD DAVID JOHNSON

THERE ARE ONLY 2000 OF THESE COINS TO BE MINTED-NUMBERING ON THE RIM OF THE COIN AND MATCHING NUMBER WILL SHOW ON THE COA PAPERWORK (EX. 250 OF 2000)

COA NUMBERS WILL VARY

THESE ARE PROOFS WITH A MIRROR FINISH

http://www.anonymousmint.com/norse-god-coin-series.html

Cheers,

Luker

• 1 month later...

Last year I was chatting with folks regarding a follow-up to the Gods of Olympus, and while some said they'd like a Goddess or Children of the Gods follow up, I wanted them to do a Gods of Asgard.  I never would have thought all these offerings would be coming out at the same time a year later.  I like them all, but won't be going after any of them, especially now that APMEX is on the bandwagon as well!  http://www.apmex.com/search?q=odin

Tokelau Legends of Asgard  (3-Coin Series ), I don't think it will be 3 coins in this series. In the article it said 'several' and on another I read up to 12 coins.

But I have pre-ordered mine, I will know better when I get it, how much I like it. If I gonna buy the whole set.

Last year I was chatting with folks regarding a follow-up to the Gods of Olympus, and while some said they'd like a Goddess or Children of the Gods follow up, I wanted them to do a Gods of Asgard.  I never would have thought all these offerings would be coming out at the same time a year later.  I like them all, but won't be going after any of them, especially now that APMEX is on the bandwagon as well!  http://www.apmex.com/search?q=odin

yes getting a little silly now

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 1 month later...

For anyone looking to put their Choice Mint's Ultra High Relief Odin into a capsule, you can try a ringed Air-Tite.  I didn't have any 50mm ringed so squeezed mine into a 47mm for the time being.  Took forever but it's just a temporary measure until I get a 50mm ring.  The capsule doesn't close flush but close enough.  I'm not sure how 50mm Lighthouse capsules (and similar) will fair due to the thickness.  The Air-Tite capsule itself is 65mm and designed for 5oz coins so may be slightly thicker because of this.

2015-11-20 13.53.55.jpg

2015-11-20 13.54.04.jpg

Archived