• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2 x 1oz Silver coins.

ForFamily

Im looking on Bleyer at the minute and the two coins i have got in the basket are currently fetching £73.44.

I want these coins just to have some silver and as a purchase for my kids, hold as long as possible in other words.

Is this a good, or ok decision for what i want to do with them or would you buy something else?, If you want details of the coins i'll just add them afterwards. 

Many thanks. 

What coins are you buying for them?

Buying silver on a long term horizon can help preserve the value of your money over time, but it’s not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme - more a hedge against inflation.

Silver makes a nice gift and in the long run I’m sure they’ll be happy but it’s hard to say what might be best for you and your circumstances without more detail!

The coins are a 2018 Lunar Dog UK and a 2019 Royal arms UK. 

In reality, im just wanting to buy as much Metals (Gold & Silver) as i possibly can until they are both old enough to understand what is going on and give it to them as their start in life, buy a car so on and so on.

I am in this for the long run, and personally will buy some for myself along the way too.

Best thing you can do is get a subscription to this forum and go to the trade section. Buy your silver from some of the established members on here and you’ll be picking up ounces in the mid 20s at the moment rather than the low 30s on eBay and at some dealers!

The royal arms series is lovely. Personally I’m not sold on the lunar series from the royal mint.

If you’re just stacking for the long term and quantity is your focus, maybe stick to some of the vanilla bullion (Britannia’s, Maples, philharmonics etc) and build up the foundation of your stack for now.

Why not aim to build up a tube of Britannia’s and a gold sovereign for each of them before moving on to stacking some of the more premium items?

6 hours ago, ForFamily said:

The coins are a 2018 Lunar Dog UK and a 2019 Royal arms UK. 

In reality, im just wanting to buy as much Metals (Gold & Silver) as i possibly can until they are both old enough to understand what is going on and give it to them as their start in life, buy a car so on and so on.

I am in this for the long run, and personally will buy some for myself along the way too.

You’d be able to 3 standard 1oz coins for that pretty much on the forum. if you’re  just stacking for long term go for ounces and look for deals of different types of coins on here. There are some good deals to be had. 

Right, so the general idea is that on here im going to be saving some pounds. 

I will keep on having a look through and see if i find the years i am after. 

Many thanks for all the advice, it is appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Madstacks said:

If you just want cheap silver i have some sterling silver commemorative coins you can have for spot price + postage.

Which coins do you happen to have, as i am interested in a 1oz 2018 and also a 1oz 2019 coin.

I was looking for something along the lines of what is in my original post, just to hold for as long as i need and pass on to my children when the time comes.

Just now, ForFamily said:

Which coins do you happen to have, as i am interested in a 1oz 2018 and also a 1oz 2019 coin.

I was looking for something along the lines of what is in my original post, just to hold for as long as i need and pass on to my children when the time comes.

my coins are older, 1977 jubilee crowns and the like in bullion condition. Nothing exciting but probably the cheapest silver you are going to find. 

Archived