• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coins of the Realm - Auction 4 (Sat 29th Aug)

Hi All,

I have no connection with this auction house either but thought I’d put it out there because I picked up a couple of old graded AU bargains last month from them (£25 over bullion price) and I had a good experience. Maybe because fewer people know about it??

Anyway, they have a phone app just like Coin Cabinet and it is all very similar to use. Pre register for Sat 29th August 2020 - https://bidlive.coinsoftherealm-auctions.com for more info.

They currently have an Una up for auction, currently £630 (no it is not mine 😂).

They don’t seem to start low so have a  higher minimum bid, reserve etc. Just make sure you keep to your budget on any coin (do your research on current values) and don’t get carried away in a bidding war (like on eBay).

I’m sure others will comment about their experiences below, some negative, but like I say I had a good experience and their customer service was good too. Good email communication and invoice payment was simple too.

Anyway, just to let you know there are more coins out their coinsters! 👍🏻 

EE543EEC-3ECE-408B-8567-535DA1A5AB56.png

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Thanks for sharing! I’ve been waiting for this launch since Weds. They said there was a brief delay. I like that they have a generally different vibe to Coin Cabinet and I like that their items are all mixed up and not in specific orders. However there isn’t anything there for me this month...likewise the Coin Cabinet. Probably just as well as I’ve spent too much and nothing I am selling is being bought 🤣😂

Thanks for highlighting this alternative auction site to use @MancunianStacker

I love the functionality & slick operation of the Auction Mobilty app behind this sale & Coin Cabinets 

Just looks through the Ts & Cs and it is a zero buyers premium which is always a great feature. What your hammer price ends at is the price you pay 

Nice you have the option to pay via credit card to at +2.5% surcharge up to £1,000 spend 

One little downside is the £20 P&P added to your total.  Guess you have to win a few items to maximise your £20 spend

I have added Coins of the Realms them to my favourites.  Strange i have never heard of them on the forum before today  

Just now, Paul said:

Thanks for highlighting this alternative auction site to use @MancunianStacker

I love the functionality & slick operation of the Auction Mobilty app behind this sale & Coin Cabinets 

Just looks through the Ts & Cs and it is a zero buyers premium which is always a great feature. What your hammer price ends at is the price you pay 

Nice you have the option to pay via credit card to at +2.5% surcharge up to £1,000 spend 

One little downside is the £20 P&P added to your total.  Guess you have to win a few items to maximise your £20 spend

I have added Coins of the Realms them to my favourites.  Strange i have never heard of them on the forum before today  

They were mentioned recently in that thread about concern of shill bidding and reserves despite stating that no reserves were allowed. 

This is why I think they have the higher start - to avoid the idea that they are bidding up - their reserves are effectively their starting points. 

If I was a seller I’d want a decent start price. Starting at melt for a PF70 1oz Elton at Coin Cabinet wouldn’t do it for me as a seller. I wouldn’t sleep for months 😂 

Good to have two market places both with zero buyer’s premium though 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They were mentioned recently in that thread about concern of shill bidding and reserves despite stating that no reserves were allowed. 

This is why I think they have the higher start - to avoid the idea that they are bidding up - their reserves are effectively their starting points. 

ah right, i remember the thread.  I mustn't have followed up and looked this firm up back then.  Im just looking through the past few sales and looks look a good proportion of items have 'passed' / not sold.  May still be a chance for little bargain and then re-sell of coin cabinet for silly money ! lol 

Lets hope them good success, the more options there are out there for the customer is always a good thing, provided they are a reputable firm and offer good service

Might not be so good for the bank balance though, three or four auctions a month now to look through & forum sales threads 

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

If I was a seller I’d want a decent start price. Starting at melt for a PF70 1oz Elton at Coin Cabinet wouldn’t do it for me as a seller. I wouldn’t sleep for months 😂 

Good to have two market places both with zero buyer’s premium though 👍🏻 

thats always the risk with no reserve auctions, water normally finds its own level and items find their true worth.  only need two folk who MUST have the item 

Ive had buy it now items on ebay for sale for a year plus with no sale, set it away at 1p start and the item selling much higher than the buy it now price i had it at for the year that never got a sale. Wierd things can happen in auction, as we are seeing in some of the prices coin cabinet have been getting in past few sales

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

ah right, i remember the thread.  I mustn't have followed up and looked this firm up back then.  Im just looking through the past few sales and looks look a good proportion of items have 'passed' / not sold.  May still be a chance for little bargain and then re-sell of coin cabinet for silly money ! lol 

Lets hope them good success, the more options there are out there for the customer is always a good thing, provided they are a reputable firm and offer good service

Might not be so good for the bank balance though, three or four auctions a month now to look through & forum sales threads 

There are a few items from passed auctions on noticed some.

Archived