• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hi all, My short bumpy ride

zulurider

Shout out to everybody in the forum. I've been signed up for a couple of weeks but thought ide pop my head up and say hello and share my last bumpy transactions. I was recently in a long drawn out battle to get my funds back from muenzshop-berger.de I wish I had gone threw the forum and looked this sites history up before placing my order which was in the lower 4 digit range. Their service was atrocious the whole aborted transaction took a month and a half to which they would reply to my messages via email and on there site up to a week later if i was lucky, Then send me some other poor sobs message thobbing him of with the usual "we sold what was ment for you now you have to wait while we send yours, we will email you once your order has shipped with tracking details" I eventually got my money back which was a pain in the arse as transferwise acted up also at the last hurdle. My advice from that one nightmare is if the dealer doesn't have a direct line for you to speak to someone steer clear of that dealer and if you do take the risk pay the extra pennies and do it via paypal, and to think they where a trusted seller what a f.....g joke. As others have stated i believe they are selling stock they need to source out themselves and dont have instock but i also think they are picking their victims by location, they are keeping their German clients happy and everyone else is getting the rough ride. So i have been purchasing more semi numismatic coins of ebay and building up a small army, Im buying from guys with good feedback and 100% or near , but no matter how you look at it unless you test your coins/bullion for yourself it all balls down to trust once you receive them. So i decided to purchase the sigma metalytics precious metal verifier as it would suite my needs perfectly 98% of my stash is new coins and i got all the wands for bullion, I just need to no the metals I buy are real. So after paying a extra £100 import tax on the machine :angry: I got it set up i put it straight to work and low and behold a batch of Chinese pandas i brought of a guy on ebay turned out moody. The guys feedback is bullet proof with no negative or neutral for over 12 months and he seems to only sell coins. I purchased these coins a couple of months ago but only tested this week. Ive contacted him and he was in shock stating he brought them from a reputable dealer but is willing to give a full refund. Out of all my coins tested it was only those 6 panda coins which came out moody which is very small in comparison to my whole stack, But having the verifier gives me peace of mind and security for my investment. As we all no if troubled times come sooner than later this moody situation will only get worse.

Hello and welcome.

I think you're the first here to get one of those machines.

There are good German dealers so no need to stick just with eBay.

You are right, there is some dam good German dealers and since i have only recently started collection semi num coins i have come across some nice steals 

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a right hassle that. Hopefully the rest of your purchases will go better. How much was your verifier if you don't mind me asking? How would you rate it?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a right hassle that. Hopefully the rest of your purchases will go better. How much was your verifier if you don't mind me asking? How would you rate it?

Including the import tax which was £100 it was £660 so £560 for the newest unit with 3 wands. I would give it a 10/10 for the peace of mind it gives you. Once you find 1 moody coin in your batch you end up loading the next coin with butterfly's hoping it comes back with a pass and not a > symbol  as your in shock finding out what you once thought was real is now fake. But once the ordeal is over you get to kick back knowing all is good. I've got a cue of friends who wanna take her for a joy ride and test their stacks out, im thinking of setting up a rental fee  :lol:

Welcome here. We Brits have a real affinity for the Zulu nation. One my work colleagues was a Zulu but unfortunately

he returned to Joburg. Anyway, If you live in London, you would maybe have a few of us as potential clients nearby.

I could be completely off track guessing you're from SA, but I would have to say that South Africa is a great place to visit.

Been there twice. Would defo like to go again. 

Oh, and great use of the apostrophe Rooster. ;)

Welcome here. We Brits have a real affinity for the Zulu nation. One my work colleagues was a Zulu but unfortunately

he returned to Joburg. Anyway, If you live in London, you would maybe have a few of us as potential clients nearby.

I could be completely off track guessing you're from SA, but I would have to say that South Africa is a great place to visit.

Been there twice. Would defo like to go again. 

Oh, and great use of the apostrophe Rooster. ;)

Your post made me chuckle in a positive way :lol: . I was born and raised in central London, The name i use "Zulurider" was a tag/aka I went by when I was living life in the fast lane on power bikes such as suzuki gsxr 1000s etc before my kids came along. The zulu part as you no was pointing at my African heritage and the rider is like stacker to a metal collector. Anyway, The renting of the unit may be something I will consider, I would have to work out what I would charge either by a coin to coin use or a time period depending on each transaction. Could do something like 20p - £1 per coin check, obviously the more coins the cheaper it would be  

Your post made me chuckle in a positive way :lol: . I was born and raised in central London, The name i use "Zulurider" was a tag/aka I went by when I was living life in the fast lane on power bikes such as suzuki gsxr 1000s etc before my kids came along. The zulu part as you no was pointing at my African heritage and the rider is like stacker to a metal collector. Anyway, The renting of the unit may be something I will consider, I would have to work out what I would charge either by a coin to coin use or a time period depending on each transaction. Could do something like 20p - £1 per coin check, obviously the more coins the cheaper it would be  

Well hey, welcome anyway. You should get on fine with Motorbikez.

Welcome, by the way...... What year were the fake Pandas? Can you post pics to give us a steer if they were that good?

Hi There, the years of the fake pandas where 2000,2001,2002,2008,2010,2012 they were a part of a set of pandas i brought, if any body knows the price of each coin individually pls let me no. I will get some piks up in coming days of each coin, half term got me by the short n curlys  at the mo.

• Founder & Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived