• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Elton John 2020 UK Gold Proof Coin

isaacyzzz

My 1/4 oz EJ gold coin arrives this morning, thanks for RM super fast delivery.

However, the 1/4 oz EJ gold coin in ebay only 699 pounds, not as much as Queen 1199 pounds.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elton-John-2020-UK-Quarter-Ounce-Gold-Proof-Coin-Royal-Mint-SOLD-OUT/333646456800?hash=item4daee0e7e0:g:TZcAAOSwqOVfAuWa

The 1 oz EJ gold only 3995 pounds. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elton-John-2020-One-1-oz-Gold-Proof-Coin-Royal-Mint-Music-Legends/114291430473?hash=item1a9c4cd449:g:muUAAOSwPxdfAum0

Do I smell something is burning badly

I don’t know- if you bought one to flip and you grossed £699 plus postage on eBay and use a £1 to sell deal then to take £91.40 profit after fees, for doing sod-all is better than a kick up the arse isn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

big risk for a small reward id say.

Agreed- but it’s the risk you take in buying to flip. 
I guess it’s all about timing though- I’ve seen the Queen 1/4oz coin flipped for huge money however, I managed to just about get out with mine- think I made enough for a bacon butty and and a cup of tea! 
Pay your money and take your chances. 

As the gold price is over $1800, I am happy to keep mine for a long time. I wonder how long the glory will last in this ML series. Will the third one be as success as Queen or Una?  

28 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

The Koin Club still have the quarter at £585. I think the best returns will be on the special editions. The rest may well end up being returned to the mint.

They also still have the 5oz Silver. This was released early in error but remains on their website for sale regardless!

Anyone bought one?

6 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They also still have the 5oz Silver. This was released early in error but remains on their website for sale regardless!

Anyone bought one?

I've not but their website says 8 are sold. At a mintage of 50 its tempting but I've just spent £620 on some gold.

Edit: actually the Koin Club says 80 have sold today and that the edition is 425 and not 50 as listed on the RM website. KC might be an error but a mintage of 50 for a silver coin does seem low compared to the queens beasts and 007.

On 08/07/2020 at 15:16, BrumChris said:

I've not but their website says 8 are sold. At a mintage of 50 its tempting but I've just spent £620 on some gold.

Edit: actually the Koin Club says 80 have sold today and that the edition is 425 and not 50 as listed on the RM website. KC might be an error but a mintage of 50 for a silver coin does seem low compared to the queens beasts and 007.

Interesting point re mintage. Someone has made a mistake...the RM site states there will be 50 of the 5oz silver and 50 of the 5oz gold. However the Koin website clearly states (in both the description and specification) that there will be 425 of the silver version...

Hmmmmm....🤔

Archived