• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign Rarity / Price Guide Book

dicker

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could recommend a book that covers:

(1) Sovereign rarity / availability (Not just mintage numbers but coins that are actually seen in the wild - noting that some Sovs were melted and the mintage numbers dont correspond with rarity)

(2) Current Sovereign guide prices

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Just been looking at the same page as your 2015 book - the prices are pretty much the same. .

Edit: apart from the EF Edward VII sovereigns, they've got these at £280 and UNC at £330 (but see below).
The 2020 book is using the bullion value of a sovereign as being £265.77, in November 2019.

So you can probably add £60-£75 to the prices in your book and you'd be in the right ballpark.  
Apart from the very rarest coins, I don't think there has been much change in  popularity/market demand to drive a change in sovereign prices versus 2015.

14 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Just been looking at the same page as your 2015 book - the prices are pretty much the same. .

Edit: apart from the EF Edward VII sovereigns, they've got these at £280 and UNC at £330 (but see below).
The 2020 book is using the bullion value of a sovereign as being £265.77, in November 2019.

So you can probably add £60-£75 to the prices in your book and you'd be in the right ballpark.  
Apart from the very rarest coins, I don't think there has been much change in  popularity/market demand to drive a change in sovereign prices versus 2015.

Brilliant cheers for that.

What I was doing was going back 2014/ 2015 price of the gold then adding today's price.

The book seems to be fairly spot on.

It's blindingly obvious and I assume you already have a copy, but I have to recommend this one,  "The Gold Sovereign" by Michael A Marsh, 2017 edition revised by Steve Hill.

IMG_20200618_081749.thumb.jpg.e274bfb6543e9b8c06539df83ba7c5e3.jpg

You get a price guide included, based on a spot price on 1st August 2017, so it's out of date, but it can still be used by comparison.

IMG_20200618_081958.thumb.jpg.4219e99b71fdd3e89b42cd18b14b0773.jpg

Varieties, mintage figures (where known) and a scarcity rating are included. It's a great guide, although not comprehensive, but a book every sovereign collector should have.

Thanks yes - I have the last couple of editions of Marsh.  

Great books and very good references.  

Just wanted to see if there are any other guides out there.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 18/06/2020 at 10:13, Booky586 said:

It's blindingly obvious and I assume you already have a copy, but I have to recommend this one,  "The Gold Sovereign" by Michael A Marsh, 2017 edition revised by Steve Hill.

IMG_20200618_081749.thumb.jpg.e274bfb6543e9b8c06539df83ba7c5e3.jpg

You get a price guide included, based on a spot price on 1st August 2017, so it's out of date, but it can still be used by comparison.

IMG_20200618_081958.thumb.jpg.4219e99b71fdd3e89b42cd18b14b0773.jpg

Varieties, mintage figures (where known) and a scarcity rating are included. It's a great guide, although not comprehensive, but a book every sovereign collector should have.

hi, do you know where I can purchase one of these please ? and how much are they ?

Archived