• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold standard 1/4 oz

Robda1986

Dont think so. From RM description.

Designed in 2016 to mark 200 years since the de facto introduction of the gold standard – tying the value of the British pound to that of gold – the Gold Standard 2020 coin is an exclusive offering from Royal Mint Bullion. Featuring the work of Royal Mint graphic designer Dominique Evans on its reverse, and Jody Clark's official portrait of Her Majesty The Queen on the obverse, the Gold Standard coin is offered as a quarter-ounce bullion coin struck in 999.9 fine gold.

Not a bad price RM either https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/gold-standard-2020-quarter-oz-gold-coin/

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

I don't think there are 1/2 Oz or full Oz versions. 

It started off in 2016 with the 1/4oz i think.

I think you're correct, bullion by post certainly have a 2016 1/4 ozt for sale:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/gold-standard/2016-quarter-ounce-gold-standard-25-coin/

1 hour ago, CosmikDebris said:

Dont think so. From RM description.

I'm guessing the RM website doesn't tell the full tale.

I wouldn't back date this particular coin, it's a nice design but it's still only bullion. 

Paying the premium for the earlier years in my eyes not worth it. Just go heavy in on the 2020 version as it is as the lower price. 

8 hours ago, Tn21 said:

I wouldn't back date this particular coin, it's a nice design but it's still only bullion. 

Paying the premium for the earlier years in my eyes not worth it. Just go heavy in on the 2020 version as it is as the lower price. 

I agree with the above .They are super little coins with a great design full 1/4/oz of 24 k Gold and I have a few. However the prices  BBP are currently quoting  for the previous years are just speculative, and way to high IMO

I cant see the previous years holding those premiums going forwards.  Just pick up each year as it is released if you want them rather than try and backtrack previous years.  They have been sold for great prices each as they were released .

Regards 

DB

Archived