• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where to sell

Badpoor

I am very new to this forum and coins but have recently become the owner of several proof box sets of limited edition sovereigns. For instance the 2017 Piedfort, 

The sovereign 2017 Premium Three coin Gold proof set to name a couple. I was keen to find out the best place to sell. I can see that eBay is an avenue but eBay always makes me nervous. I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks in advance

I have said it before, the forum is a great place to buy and sell.  Always had very very food experiences even when things have gone wrong (like postal problems). 

Some basic due diligence is needed but I often buy from the same people more than  once which makes things easier.  

Best 

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

You can sometimes make more selling on eBay but there's a lot more at risk than selling on the forum. Most people are generally honest but a large number aren't, you may have myriad problems with high value items like gold on that ol' auction site. Also factor in fees when not using £1 selling days. The forum members thrive on their cumulated feedback and sense of community (in my observations and experience). I've not been on here long but already have a good feel for who trades regularly, what sort of premiums to expect and when to act fast when you spot a steal of a deal. If (forbid the day) I have to sell anything it will be on here. The other option is a dealer, but for high premium collector items maybe not the best idea. Great for liquidating large amounts of bullion but be aware you'll get spot or a little below spot in return.

I have never bigged up a forum like I do this one, and I've been a part of online communities of various types since modems went beep beep shqurrrrrpley deeeeeoooowwwwm.

Where to sell?

Right here, you’re looking at your audience (customers) if you sell through eBay you’ll loose 10% in fees and around 2 ish % in PayPal fees.

if you’re looking to sell then this forum is the place to do so.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Re eBay It’s only worthwhile with £1 selling fees and yes you pay 3.4% PayPal fees. 
i don’t know the answer but look at sold prices and you will see that you can get very good prices, certainly better than dealers and people pay more than sites such as bullion by post. Also some bargains every now and then. 
I don’t think it’s as risky as is made out. If you want a sure fire way of being scammed just go on Shpock 😂

Archived