• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PM for kids?

GoldenPhil

Today I showed my young lad some of the gold and silver i have. Possible he now thinks I am a pirate lol

Do you think it's good to introduce children to the idea of PM? If so what would you teach them about it?

I, like some others on TSF, have introduced their children to PMs. Started out with them as gifts of coins in themes they would be interested in. For example, the IOM cat series for my baby girl (she isn’t a baby, but will always be to me), of which she prefers the Silver coins over Gold...yes, she does have one of the gold 1/5 oz Gold proofs. Also, picked up the full series of 5 oz Antiqued Lisa Parker Moon Gazer series...

398EABC6-1E99-49BF-B074-ECC3F29E7BD1.thumb.jpeg.c0f46946a1d1e73e7292c64b97d87fd2.jpeg

I have given my son some silver pieces, as gifts as well...and a Gold Saudi Guinea, which was one of the restrikes, not genuine, but still gold nonetheless. As my son is older, I am better able to explain the value of Precious Metals and retention of wealth. This is so hard to do in their digitally ensconced life. And they get the treasure of the full stack/collection when I am dead and buried or flung to the wind. Which, one needs to ensure they document their stack/collections worth so they know the added details of the value for such contingency.

30 minutes ago, GoldenPhil said:

Today I showed my young lad some of the gold and silver i have. Possible he now thinks I am a pirate lol

Do you think it's good to introduce children to the idea of PM? If so what would you teach them about it?

I think its a great idea to introduce them to it as part of a wider subject on investing and preparing for the future. A small little bar of silver would be pretty awesome as a kid to receive I think.

I personally tend to give PM as gifts rather than more generic toys that fill up houses / land fill!

6 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Maybe reward birthdays with au ever year. They hit 18 and think wow look what daddy and I have amassed. 

Giving PM’s as presents is great fun. You get to talk about investing in a non-boring way and people of all ages get to hold and admire their very own pirate 🏴‍☠️ treasure. And over time, they get a small stack of their own to either keep or sell. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Thanks for all the great comments. 

Today my young lad came up to me with a really shiny penny asking if it was a sovereign.  To be fair to him the size and colour was not far off from the 2020 sovereign 

Archived