• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Question of the Day....

ChrisF

8 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

I'd be extremely unhappy if I had my emergency assets in

silver bullion right now.

(the idea of a core stack made up of silver bullion proposed

by some)

You have made your position abundently clear in every thread you have ever posted in, WE GET IT...  Can you give it a rest now???

46 minutes ago, STONE said:

You have made your position abundently clear in every thread you have ever posted in, WE GET IT...  Can you give it a rest now???

you've made your bias about manipulation very clear in

every post can you stop silver pumping?

(so it's ok to voice pro silver opinions but if you have

any warnings about silver then just don't post them?)

HH

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2020 at 16:02, richatthecroft said:

Financially perhaps, but pleasing on the eye 😀

B5CDB1D5-65C5-45CD-876D-4E468C2F1E05.jpeg

Nice close up shots you've done, if that's a phone taking those that's impressive. Also, what is that wondrous thing above? 🤩

I started buying silver because I had some free with my first ever gold purchase and thought it would be another good way, like gold, of having 'money' instead of just 'currency'. Then I got to reading a lot recently about how silver probably isn't a good investment idea. I'm still not convinced the value won't climb nicely over the next couple of years but now I'm just happy I have lovely shiny things to ooo and ahhh at. 

In the scenario the OP asked about I would not be thrilled at it seemingly losing value but I would be happy, as I could still admire the silver and have something ace to give to my kids. Although if it were only the one Oz I'd probably start some kind of violent skirmish between them...😉

Physical asset-wise it's still a safer bet than many other things. There's usually an audience for selling it on unlike some more niche markets, it requires no maintenance and unless you're lucky enough to be stacking tonnage takes up little room (try investing in cars)...oh and if you eat it it cures stuff too! 

That last one may be slightly inaccurate.

6 hours ago, Liam84 said:

Nice close up shots you've done, if that's a phone taking those that's impressive. Also, what is that wondrous thing above? 🤩

Yes-  iPhone 6 with a x10 Öloclip lens attachment.

And the wondrous thing is a 5oz Aztec Calendar Round:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.jmbullion.com/5-oz-aztec-calendar-silver-round/

I once bought a laptop years ago for £2,000 on hire purchase. I also bought a gold sovereign from the Royal Mint. I fell behind with the hire purchase payments and had to sell my sovereign to help towards the cost of the hire purchase. Most laptops have decreased in value to such a point over the years that they now cost the same as gold sovereigns.

@Serendipity Give it time the £2k laptop will be worth scrap.

Last company I worked at; we dumped £100k worth of laptops as they were worth nothing now

Probably even had to pay someone to take these laptops away

Changed my attitude to buying electronic items for ever

At least my silver will never be worth ZERO

On 20/03/2020 at 18:34, ChrisF said:

If you purchased an ounce of silver for £15 and twenty years later went to sell it and found out you could only get £15 for it, would you be happy?  

No, I wouldn't be happy, but I bought my house for £176k in 2007 and I think I would get £166k now - The house is in good condition, but in Wolverhampton.

Have relatives that bought a dump for £200k in London in 2007, house now worth £400k and in worse condition than 2007 - Where has the £200k in value come from?

I think I have the "non-midas" touch to investments

If, I could go back in time I would have bought gold and a rubbish house in London instead 😢

41 minutes ago, TechSilver said:

I think I have the "non-midas" touch to investments

49 minutes ago, TechSilver said:

At least my silver will never be worth ZERO

consider working on this.

don't look for investments that can't go to zero.

instead look for investments that will naturally increase

in value in the given time.

eg salt can't go to zero, but was historically worth more

than it is now.

investments have a purpose, choose the best option for

that purpose?

HH

Archived