• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

History repeating?

blindguy

51 minutes ago, blindguy said:

does the metals drop remind anyone else of 2008-2010?  myself I am buying all I can and then i will hold on and enjoy the ride.  Jim

It is illogical for gold to tank - unless you are Hawkhybrid. The whole thing is a controlled take down like 9/11

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

It is illogical for gold to tank - unless you are Hawkhybrid. The whole thing is a controlled take down like 9/11

so the 2008-2010 did not happen then?

if it can tank once it might tank again?

what's illogical is thinking that performing the same

steps would yield a different result... oh wait that's

insanity.

HH

@Sixgun - it's completely logical. Traders will have to cover their margins and so they sell the most liquid assets one of which is is going to be gold/silver. This then drives down prices in the short run. Just as it did in 2008. Looking forward to the next bull run!!!!

Just now, HawkHybrid said:

so the 2008-2010 did not happen then?

if it can tank once it might tank again?

what's illogical is thinking that performing the same steps would yield a different result... oh wait that's insanity.

HH

It can happen 10 times but it doesn't mean it is logical. 
Dealers are reporting they cannot keep up with sales - the markets are collapsing - the Fed and the rest of the world is announcing QE on steroids - even the Germans say they are not going to show the usual restraint - what would an obvious bolt hole be? Well it would and is gold - you know this, you put you save in gold. Logic would indicate gold would at least be steady - no it is smashed. Am i surprised to see the fall - not really but that i am pretty much expecting doesn't mean the dump in price is logically.
There many things happen time and again that aren't logical. i am sure you can think of some.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyer said:

@Sixgun - it's completely logical. Traders will have to cover their margins and so they sell the most liquid assets one of which is is going to be gold/silver. This then drives down prices in the short run. Just as it did in 2008. Looking forward to the next bull run!!!!

This is the controlled media excuse that appears on the presenters' auto-cues. These dumps in price are not triggered this way.

Just now, Tattoedamat said:

This is rise and fall is why I hold PMs and stocks.

One falls the other rises

But they haven't done that have they. Gold fell over 3.5% and silver - 5.8%. 
Traditional logic is failing.

There is a reason for the falls but then certain people will say i am a conspiracy theorist except the theory have been proven many times in the past. 
You hold two assets - a share in ABC - shares are tanking - you hold gold - a safe asset. The share tanks - you get a margin call.

Two options -
1 you get rid of the falling asset and hold gold.
2 you hold the falling asset and get rid of gold to increase your funds to cover the margin call.

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

It can happen 10 times but it doesn't mean it is logical. 
Dealers are reporting they cannot keep up with sales - the markets are collapsing - the Fed and the rest of the world is announcing QE on steroids - even the Germans say they are not going to show the usual restraint - what would an obvious bolt hole be? Well it would and is gold - you know this, you put you save in gold. Logic would indicate gold would at least be steady - no it is smashed. Am i surprised to see the fall - not really but that i am pretty much expecting doesn't mean the dump in price is logically.
There many things happen time and again that aren't logical. i am sure you can think of some.

the logic is that those who did it last time will likely

do it again. this has nothing to do with manipulation

etc. it's logical for people to repeat what they did

last time.

it's illogical for people to do something completely

different to what they did last time especially if it

benefits them to do it that way.

this is not about a moral issue on who's right and

who's wrong and what should happen next time to be

right.

HH 

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

There is a reason for the falls but then certain people will say i am a conspiracy theorist except the theory have been proven many times in the past. 
You hold two assets - a share in ABC - shares are tanking - you hold gold - a safe asset. The share tanks - you get a margin call.

Two options -
1 you get rid of the falling asset and hold gold.
2 you hold the falling asset and get rid of gold to increase your funds to cover the margin call.

but that's not how it works. people hold gold as an

emergency safety net for their riskier assets. they

sell gold to take advantage of the falling prices of

stocks. it's worked for them in the past. they will

do exactly that again.

why would someone sell an asset that's fallen so

much already? especially if it's an index tracker?

people are not interested in holding forever, they are

interested in making gains.

HH

the logic is that those who did it last time will likely do it again. this has nothing to do with manipulation etc. it's logical for people to repeat what they did last time.

it's illogical for people to do something completely different to what they did last time especially if it benefits them to do it that way.

this is not about a moral issue on who's right and who's wrong and what should happen next time to be right.

HH 

i am not sure you understand what logic we are talking about in this situation. 
People often act illogically - they may repeatedly act illogically - that they repeat something does not make it logical. 
You might observe this illogical behaviour and assume that it will repeat. That one could say is logical but we are not talking about your behaviour, we are talking about the primary behaviour. Someone might keep bashing their head against a wall - it isn't logical but you know someone who is prone to this is likely to do it again. 

but that's not how it works. people hold gold as an emergency safety net for their riskier assets. they sell gold to take advantage of the falling prices of stocks. it's worked for them in the past. they will do exactly that again.

why would someone sell an asset that's fallen so much already? especially if it's an index tracker?

people are not interested in holding forever, they are interested in making gains.

HH

This is not what the controlled media says - they say the sell gold to cover margin calls.

Now you are saying they sell gold to catch a falling knife. No that is illogical.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

i am not sure you understand what logic we are talking about in this situation. 
People often act illogically - they may repeatedly act illogically - that they repeat something does not make it logical. 
You might observe this illogical behaviour and assume that it will repeat. That one could say is logical but we are not talking about your behaviour, we are talking about the primary behaviour. Someone might keep bashing their head against a wall - it isn't logical but you know someone who is prone to this is likely to do it again. 

expect people to go out of their way to prove you

right, that's completely logical?

HH

9 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

No point loosing money on stocks when they will rise at some point

Just now, sixgun said:

This is not what the controlled media says - they say the sell gold to cover margin calls.

yep the lying media is lying unless they support your

bias, by which they are 100% true.

HH

expect people to go out of their way to prove you right, that's completely logical?

HH

People don't prove me right - the facts do. 

yep the lying media is lying unless they support your bias, by which they are 100% true.

HH

The controlled media exists to lie and distract. Haven't you caught on to that much yet?

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

The controlled media exists to lie and distract. Haven't you caught on to that much yet?

so are the lying media lying when they tell you people 

are selling gold to cover margin calls?

or why don't we all just make up the facts as we go

along.

HH

6 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

so are the lying media lying when they tell you people are selling gold to cover margin calls?

i said to lie and distract
How do you know what proportion of the sales are to cover margin calls?
Look at the dynamics of the sell offs in gold - price is pottering along it starts to tip over and then boom it plunges. Did everyone just suddenly decide to sell their gold in those few minutes or do certain entities sell price down to where they know stops are and trigger the cascade? They know where all the position concentrations are. 

9 minutes ago, Tattoedamat said:

Gentlemen might I call a time out?

I find that if you tell people in an argument to calm down, more than likely they will just get annoyed at you too 😩

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived