• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rupert Bear 50p

I'm a huge Rupert fan, I have pretty much all the annuals going back to the 50s...I think the RM missed a trick here!

That said I don't like the designs too much, Rupert especially looks 'wrong' to me (the pose doesn't reflect his character in the comic strips at all). Bill looks OK but a bit of a lazy design all round imho.

If these are going to be circulated coins though I would love, love, LOVE a set of those!!!

7 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm a huge Rupert fan, I have pretty much all the annuals going back to the 50s...I think the RM missed a trick here!

That said I don't like the designs too much, Rupert especially looks 'wrong' to me (the pose doesn't reflect his character in the comic strips at all). Bill looks OK but a bit of a lazy design all round imho.

If these are going to be circulated coins though I would love, love, LOVE a set of those!!!

I really like the coloured Rupert ones. I was also a big fan back in the day. Think I even had a Rupert fancy dress when i was younger :D

They are going to be circulated on the IOM apparently. I have relatives over there so they usually look out for any interesting coins (of which there are a lot over there) for me. So fingers crossed I'll get some circulation ones as well as the incredibly expensive ones I've bought 😛

6 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I really like the coloured Rupert ones. I was also a big fan back in the day. Think I even had a Rupert fancy dress when i was younger :D

They are going to be circulated on the IOM apparently. I have relatives over there so they usually look out for any interesting coins (of which there are a lot over there) for me. So fingers crossed I'll get some circulation ones as well as the incredibly expensive ones I've bought 😛

I would have liked to see unique designs, so they also showed off the very unique characters. Rupert always went on mysterious and dangerous journeys. he never stood 'proud' in front of a generic mountain backdrop - he should look tentatively intrepid imho!

3 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

25,000 Mintage of Each Coin Only Coinster's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And less than 5k of the silver proof. If this was a RM coin, everyone would be going bananas

Just now, Bullionaire said:

And less than 5k of the silver proof. If this was a RM coin, everyone would be going bananas

Website would have crashed, sell outs for most of the Coins, Isle of Mann Coins always do well in the Future, so hold onto as many as you can Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Website would have crashed, sell outs for most of the Coins, Isle of Mann Coins always do well in the Future, so hold onto as many as you can Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do? Any info/insight/thoughts most appreciated :)

4 minutes ago, kimchi said:

They do? Any info/insight/thoughts most appreciated :)

Christmas ones IMO do the best over time. Have a look on ebay at some of the prices. I have a very very small selection myself becuase I dont want to pay the prices for them 😂

I think the ULTIMATE Coin Cover with the Five New Coins is a Good Gift to keep hold of. The Stamps on this Cover are 26 years old. This set comes in the Deluxe Leather Bound Packaging that I Like, Only 750 Sets Worldwide, I have Ordered my Allowed Three Set,s. As per usual I will try and Sell Two so I get mine FREE or Cheap ? £50 Each Coinsters !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Christmas ones IMO do the best over time. Have a look on ebay at some of the prices. I have a very very small selection myself becuase I dont want to pay the prices for them 😂

Many thanks, yep seen those! I don't think issues like this do well though (??). Mind it could be a cracker to have the first set imo if they do better designs next year with these amazing adventurers having...(wait for it!)...amazing adventures!

Just now, kimchi said:

Many thanks, yep seen those! I don't think issues like this do well though (??). Mind it could be a cracker to have the first set imo if they do better designs next year with these amazing adventurers having...(wait for it!)...amazing adventures!

Not sure about these IOM types. I do have the Peter Pan 50p which was released last year. Strange that they havent added to the set yet as there were more coins.

Problem is, which I think you'll agree with, were both suckers for 50p's 😁

If you Manage to be Lucky and get Low COA Numbers you will have no problem selling two on and keep the FREE or Cheap one for your Collection, I always do this with Westminster Coins , so I have built up Plenty of FREE or Cheap Coins, Coinster's !!!!!!!     Just a bit of Fun Really, also it adds to my Positive FEEDBACK on my E Bay Page.

Archived