• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Trying to get a start

Becca

Hi,

I am totally new to buying gold and after doing some reading decided here seems a good place to start.

From what I glean the consensus seems to be to buy Sovereign and or Britannia coins and there is a leaning towards purchasing off the forum if the price is right. ( I want also to slowly build a set of QB) I will take a silver membership and see how my luck goes hopefully asking questions as I go.

Thanks

If your only interested in the metals value then just buy from who ever is cheapest. If you dont care for its appearance then just buy any old CGT exempt bullion that you come across.

Some QB carry a decent premium on top of the metal value so that will bring your over all cost up, im personally looking to buy a full sov every month this year, not interested in collectors value or anything so il take whatever i get my hands on, i try to stay as close to spot as possible so i like keeping track of my cost averaging.

Best of luck!

On 12/01/2020 at 16:05, Becca said:

Hi,

I am totally new to buying gold and after doing some reading decided here seems a good place to start.

From what I glean the consensus seems to be to buy Sovereign and or Britannia coins and there is a leaning towards purchasing off the forum if the price is right. ( I want also to slowly build a set of QB) I will take a silver membership and see how my luck goes hopefully asking questions as I go.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.  nmxjk30.gif

The sov offer from HB is imo a good starting point to start building your gold stash : https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/.  Currently selling at spot price, give or take a few pence either side. :)

Archived