• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 silver and Gold US Eagles will be changing design

fastlanwan

Below is a article on the changes (except for picture/details of the changes) for next years 2021 dated silver and gold eagles.  I was unaware that by law once any design change is made they must keep with it for 25 years forward. 

Add on question to all that buy US Eagles of any type, will this upcoming change alter your purchases of 2020 US Eagles? If so how/why?  Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

https://www.jmbullion.com/for-the-35th-anniversary-new-designs-will-come-to-the-reverse-of-american-eagle-coins/

4 hours ago, adamthetaller said:

Aiming to get some tubes of some sort of 'standard' bullion silver (ASEs, Brits etc) later this year so this could tip me towards getting a tube of 2020 eagles... Hopefully they don't muck up the design change given that 25-year law!

2020 will be the old design.

It will be interesting to see what the new design looks like - hopefully a bit more of a change just  than putting a hologram on the coin.

Doesn't it get a bit boring if they can't change the design for 25 years?

3 hours ago, Seasider said:

2020 will be the old design.

It will be interesting to see what the new design looks like - hopefully a bit more of a change just  than putting a hologram on the coin.

Doesn't it get a bit boring if they can't change the design for 25 years?

I don't think they make them to be interesting. From a currency standpoint, the ASE is like the USD of the world of PMs. Instantly recognisable, well known and well trusted. I think that's exactly why they don't want continuous design changes personally. 

16 hours ago, AgCoyote said:

I don't own any eagles but this makes me want to buy the 2020 and 2021 versions.

When the 2021 Eagles do show up in January of 2021, I would tend to see the new version going for more that the 2020 just because its "NEW" design whether good, bad or indifferent. People prefer the newness of stuff. I also believe that this will fade after a few years as the new design becomes the same old coin as last year all over again for another 25 years. The old design will have the following going for it that the new one does not for now.  That is world wild recognisable design and as a result inherent trustworthiness as a result. They both have trust from a sovereign mint and additional protections since it is legal tender in the US. 

Archived