• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Checking in, waiting for 15$us/oz

Lowlow

Hello all :)

It has been a while since I've been around the forum, and I'm just checking in to say hello and I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

For myself, I haven't been around much because of the Price of Silver.  I'm a bargain buyer, and I don't feel silver is as good a bargain at the moment as it could be, and I believe will be again, so I've just been watching and waiting.  Right now above 17$us .. it's not a bad buy, silver is never a bad buy! :D  But why buy something at 17$us you think you can get for 15$us later.  In Sep/Oct 2018, and again in Mar/Apr 2019 I had been a buyer, and was a lot more active, .. and hope to be again in future, but it all depends on how the price moves.  Still waiting for the equity markets to break down .. really thought that was going to happen in the past year or two, but you can almost never guess how debt bubbles will act in the short term.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well, warm regards from across the seas ...

1 hour ago, Lowlow said:

Hello all :)

It has been a while since I've been around the forum, and I'm just checking in to say hello and I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

For myself, I haven't been around much because of the Price of Silver.  I'm a bargain buyer, and I don't feel silver is as good a bargain at the moment as it could be, and I believe will be again, so I've just been watching and waiting.  Right now above 17$us .. it's not a bad buy, silver is never a bad buy! :D  But why buy something at 17$us you think you can get for 15$us later.  In Sep/Oct 2018, and again in Mar/Apr 2019 I had been a buyer, and was a lot more active, .. and hope to be again in future, but it all depends on how the price moves.  Still waiting for the equity markets to break down .. really thought that was going to happen in the past year or two, but you can almost never guess how debt bubbles will act in the short term.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well, warm regards from across the seas ...

I will tell you that technically, silver will be a way better buy at 21/ 22us$ than 14/15us$

(If we break to the upside 22us$ , the next target price will be 28us$. If we break through 15/14us$ to the downside the next target would be 9us$. Buying at 15us$ will be like playing lottery

Don't focus on the price alone, focus on the trend first ! 

10 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I will tell you that technically, silver will be a way better buy at 21/ 22us$ than 14/15us$

(If we break to the upside 22us$ , the next target price will be 28us$. If we break through 15/14us$ to the downside the next target would be 9us$. Buying at 15us$ will be like playing lottery

Don't focus on the price alone, focus on the trend first ! 

I've been focusing on the trend since I started buying silver at sub 8$us/oz in the early and late 1990's :D

9$us silver would be great, but I don't think you can count on that until/unless the debt bubble bursts and we get that stock market crash that's (inevitably ?) on the horizon.  I'd LOVE to see that price, but I just don't see sub-12$us/oz silver without or until the bubble pops, there's just too much borrowed money floating around out there for that to happen.

To say that a different way ... when silver hits 8-9$us/oz, most people won't have any cash to buy it at that price.

" But why buy something at 17$us you think you can get for 15$us later."   Unless it doesn't go back to $15 then you will be wishing you bought at $17   A bird in the hand is better than 2 in a bush...  If it goes back below $15 they just start jacking up the premiums anyways so its a wash...

On 06/11/2019 at 10:32, Lowlow said:

I've been focusing on the trend since I started buying silver at sub 8$us/oz in the early and late 1990's :D

9$us silver would be great, but I don't think you can count on that until/unless the debt bubble bursts and we get that stock market crash that's (inevitably ?) on the horizon.  I'd LOVE to see that price, but I just don't see sub-12$us/oz silver without or until the bubble pops, there's just too much borrowed money floating around out there for that to happen.

To say that a different way ... when silver hits 8-9$us/oz, most people won't have any cash to buy it at that price.

You think markets crashing would bring the price of Silver down? Surely it would be the opposite? 

Initially in the past, silver and gold get dragged down with a crashing stock market and then detach and rise as people move into safe havens. Although I have read some recent articles saying that this time it may not due to the fact PM's and the stock market are highly manipulated.  Around $14.50 an ounce is equilibrium meaning that below that, the premiums rise so sellers don't lose money if it drops further. Waiting for the price to drop below equilibrium will be futile and only reduce your chances of getting what you want since more people will be buying. The best time to buy is now. The writing is on the wall... Above ground supply's have been slowly depleted over the last 16 years or so. People think there is an endless supply of silver but its actually a very small market and from exploration to your door is around 3-5 years out...

During the 2008 financial crash, gold and silver initially rose but then retraced while US markets crashed during 2008, and silver ended up lower. It was only when quantitative easing started that gold and silver began their bull run.

S&P 500 vs gold vs silver:

dluY9PxK

When markets drop the first thing is fear, peopke overexposed to the market, they try to off load investments, go liquid and that includes their pns, it's before they sell of their valuables but it's their panic plan, then when they gave liquid or safe non earning investments they then try to pick tge bottom of the market and star putting their toes back in, Sen as small rises amongst the longdrop...then when things stall they think they gave reached the bottom and invest what they can afford while keeping a buffer back...the banks follow as they see this which lifts the market quicker, HFT's magnify the rises and dips as they do and the banks take the quick rise whi,e trying to hold the market down while getting more invested indirectly....we little 0assengers on that ride hold we can catch some crumbs from that rise but the thing is, we little passengers are the biggest reason it goes up quickly or drops quickly, banks like slow rises, we want 150% rises in one week then the same next week....the art is to understand the motivations not of the banks but of the people, we are biased on our judgement, it's a shame we don't all buy or sell at once then make money en masse....but hey ho, that's the way we go.

Archived