• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tubes for 1/4oz Gold Britannia capsules...

greektony

I have just purchased my first gold coin! A 1/4oz Britannia. Does anyone here store theirs in a capsule which then goes snuggly into a tube of some sort? I would rather store what will hopefully be a growing 1/4oz Britannia collection in a tube (whilst still in a capsule of some sort) rather than in a loose collection of capsules. Can anyone recommend a tube & capsule combination to do this?  Thanks :) 

Looking for is empty Tube can hold 25 x Sovereign / 1/4 oz Britannia / 1/4 oz Queen's Beasts and the cheapest price I can find from Chards £5

https://www.chards.co.uk/storage-tube-holds-25-sovereigns/3304

As your first 1/4 Gold have time to wait and sometimes forum members sell their extra accessories a lot cheaper in the UK & Europe sales thread. Alternatively when buying your next 1/4 Gold coin ask the dealer to supply one of these (sometimes they provide one if they have spare for free or at a reduced cost, all my tubes and Royal Mint boxes were free from the European Mint / Goldsilver.be).

@greektony The 1/4 oz Brits as well as QB's fit in an Air-tite A22 capsule, and Air-tite also makes an "A" size tube that will hold 20 of the capsules.  Not sure which dealers in GB carry air-tites but I know it has been discussed in the forum before and some dealers specified.

On 25/10/2019 at 22:19, greektony said:

I have just purchased my first gold coin! A 1/4oz Britannia. Does anyone here store theirs in a capsule which then goes snuggly into a tube of some sort? I would rather store what will hopefully be a growing 1/4oz Britannia collection in a tube (whilst still in a capsule of some sort) rather than in a loose collection of capsules. Can anyone recommend a tube & capsule combination to do this?  Thanks :) 

If this helps I use these shown below

If you want one of these cases - i can let you have one for £6 plus postage

All you will need then is the capsules from the likes of @morezone

IMG_2359.thumb.jpg.54ea527b1d2b1dd9642b73d444607dc3.jpg

IMG_2360.thumb.jpg.0352fcdf735f5074927b6a91c3b46eb6.jpg

3 hours ago, greektony said:

@mr1030 any idea where I can buy them for delivery to the UK?

I buy them here in the States from JP's Corner.  They do ship international.  But I'm pretty sure you must have some dealers in the UK that carry Air-tite products.  

Archived