• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kinebars or normal Good Delivery ones?

Draconicus

As title says, what you think will be better to stack with the objective to sell in the future? Kinebars or normal ones without the hologram? Do you think the Kinebars will  be more difficult to sell for some reason or not?

Kinebars are also easily faked or not? The hologram it's really a good protection?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

heraeus-5-gram-gold-bullion-bar.jpg

heraeus-1-one-ounce-gold-kinebar.jpg

Personally I don’t think it matters. What people care is that if they have purchased a real gold, either a piece of technology used e.g. kinegram, veriscan etc, or not. It may be difficult or hard to fake kinebar or veriscan, but that is probably just with the existing technology. It doesn’t mean it cannot be done in the future. As long as it is a real piece of gold, it will sell. 

32 minutes ago, vicamy said:

Personally I don’t think it matters. What people care is that if they have purchased a real gold, either a piece of technology used e.g. kinegram, veriscan etc, or not. It may be difficult or hard to fake kinebar or veriscan, but that is probably just with the existing technology. It doesn’t mean it cannot be done in the future. As long as it is a real piece of gold, it will sell. 

Thank you mate.

I am will start to stack small amounts of gold soon, and I am trying to decide the Pros and Cons of the Kinebars. Yes atm they look a better option for secure reasons, but I red somewhere that are a little bit harder to sell due to some difficulties when smelting the gold bar with the holograms. What exactly I don't know.

That's why I'm asking this.

1 hour ago, Draconicus said:

Thank you mate.

I am will start to stack small amounts of gold soon, and I am trying to decide the Pros and Cons of the Kinebars. Yes atm they look a better option for secure reasons, but I red somewhere that are a little bit harder to sell due to some difficulties when smelting the gold bar with the holograms. What exactly I don't know.

That's why I'm asking this.

For that whether it is easy to melt or not I really don’t know. But again personally I don’t think it really matters. For private collectors, people will only care about if it is a real gold or not. The same should apply to dealers. To my limited experience, I haven’t heard any dealers have a bias on buying back gold refined by LBMA accredited refineries.

I think it is better for you to think if you like the design, which in fact is really cool (I have a 5g kinebar) and would you like to pay for the premium on the kinegram technology. When I purchased my kinebar, I still used my Sigma to check again. 

Just now, daca said:

@Draconicus  Gold is gold, the packaging  is less import.

If i live in Portugal I'll buy from Albino Moutinho 

Yes I knew him. May you please justify the choose mate?

Yes it's a good choose for sealing in Portugal, but  not known enough to sell in other country's.

1 hour ago, Draconicus said:

May you please justify the choose mate?

Yes it's a good choose for sealing in Portugal, but  not known enough to sell in other country's.

I had 20x 100 gr silver bars from Albino Moutinho, and let me just say the were perfect. Sadly I made the mistake of selling them. Quality will always sale.

Here (in Romania) I got only 2 option to buy - the National Mint and a local dealer and the prices are out of this world (Really I'm out of air when I visit the shops. I pay transferwise cost RON to EURO, shipping cost, and it is cheaper to buy gold/silver/platinum from Estonia and/or Germany).

I have bought 1 oz Kinebar in the past when I was able to get it on sale.  It is very nice, but I wouldn't pay an extra premium for it.  I consider it  equivalent  to all of the other 1 oz bars in assay cards that I have bought, excluding  a couple of the nicer PAMP designs.  Any thought of refining being more difficult because of the hologram is irrelevant.  All of these bars in assay cards are destined for a life of retail sale and re-sale.  I can't imagine any dealer would sell a product designed for retail customers to a smelter at a reduced price.  If you like it, buy it.  

A banknote whether it carries a security feature hologram or not has the same legal tender value worth in currency. Except for the premium paid for collectible features if applicable. Spot price for gold applies, it only matters if the buyer feels more assured paying for the security feature that comes with it or not, or if there is a rising trend in counterfeit products in the market. Hope these helps 😄

IMHO I would not buy an assay bar because need expensive equipment to test and verify that it is the genuine article and the same applies when you try and sell item. I would purchase any government mint coin instead. I have looked at premium difference between (https://www.europeanmint.com/gold-bullion/) 1 oz Britannia and 1 oz Gold Bar Perth Mint Australia (In Assay) and no difference in price.

I am only stacking Gold in 1 oz coin form because it is easy to test and verify at home without need for any expensive equipment and something magical when actually can touch the Gold that you own rather than less tactile experience when touching plastic wallet that contains gold. Easier and less space required to store coins in tube within safety deposit box than the assay bars. Just my opinion everybody has their own reasons and choice plus being in the UK makes sense to buy Royal Mint 1 oz Gold coins (Queens Beasts, Britannia, Royal Arms, etc) because capital gains tax exempt.

Archived