• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Last minute buying 1oz jitters

Mark10110

1 hour ago, Xander said:

I noticed HGM are paying £1186.90 for a 1oz Gold bar and £1192.25 for a 1oz Krugerrand. I thought they would be the same.

Coins have higher premium,  so the resale value is higher to.

Simple mathematics in my opinion

LE

Was wrong in my assumption.

Gold needs no introduction and is always liquid irrespective whether it’s a half sovereign or 1 kilogram bar worth £40,203. You’ll always find buyers. It’s always best to stack a variety of fractional and 1oz gold coins. I know it’s kind of scary to make that first-time leap to 1oz gold coins but your stack of sovereigns equates to an ounce of gold anyway. An ounce of gold is still an ounce of gold whether it’s a stack of 1/10oz gold Britannias, sovereigns or a 1oz gold coin.

18 minutes ago, Xander said:

When you buy a 1oz gold bar from them its £1269.07 and the Krug is £1237.77. 

17 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

They sell 1oz krugerrand for 1237.77 and sell 1oz gold bar for 1269.07

Not so simple maths.

I would imagine that a krugerrand is easier to resell than a gold bar hence the difference in price.

Indeed, very strange .

1oz krugerrand  are on sale now, however even at full price it is below 1 oz bar.

Most likely they have many more transaction with coins and they cover there cost.

Archived