• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Britannia with privy

Smoggy

I have been looking at Britannia's tonight and noticed that in 2017 there was a commemorative coin with a privy 
I'm looking at these as my next collection of coins
Is it worth collecting both the 2017 or just go for the one with the privy?

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I have been looking at Britannia's tonight and noticed that in 2017 there was a commemorative coin with a privy 

How many you getting of each?

if I was collecting Brit runs then I would get both:)

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I am also new to this but I believe that it is an additional marking to the normal coin and the mintage is lower

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

until I got interested in coins,i always believed the privy was a kind of polite word for the toilet / loo.

one learns a lot on this forum ☺️

19 hours ago, Smoggy said:

As a 'collector' (to some extent, I don't see them commanding a great deal of extra premium in the future, I just like to have a date run, but for this 'set' it is really not necessary imo) of the recent (post 2013 - change to 9999s fine) bullion Britannias I wouldn't say there is much to be gained from 'collecting' these.

I got the privy I think (would have to visit a secure location to check) - it was pretty 'meh' for me. I would have loved an oriental border, but that ship has sailed for now imvho as the spot price for gold has risen so much, I didn't even think it was worth the premium at the time - I would just have loved to own one though (such a nice coin but it is bullion, so we absolutely have to consider spot price imvho).

Better to pick up the proof gold fractional Brits like my buddy @Oystonousted has been wisely doing. They are different designs usually to the bullion and can be picked up reasonably quite often I believe :)

14 minutes ago, Nortypeter said:

until I got interested in coins,i always believed the privy was a kind of polite word for the toilet / loo.

one learns a lot on this forum ☺️

Charles has someone who wipes his bottom for him after he has been on the loo, you were not as far off as you might think ;)

Archived