• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Heads up - digital calipers Aldi 5 Feb

doogs

Digital callipers can be either heaven or hell. I recommend 1 person gets a set to test first. I have used some that were a useful as a chocolate tea pot. They should have a firm thumb wheel that does not slip. It should also have a button to manually reset it to zero as they do get out of whack easily.

thanks for the shout out doogs, but I would second what sham says, like a lot of things in life you only get what you pay for.

Precision & accuracy is a price worth paying a few (£) quid more for if it means the difference between you do not get stung for best part of £1,000 for a dodgy 1oz gold coin 

ive been using a set of these for over a year now . for the money there not bad as it goes 

there is a reset to zero button , inch or mm , external , internal and depth guage 

you need to keep the locking screw on top slightly tight to make using easier 

on my set there is a slight discrepancy of a couple of microns between the front and back of the jaws 

perfect for knife making but ive never tride to measure a coin , and i carnt at the min because the battery's dead :(  

Usually the aldi offer stuff is quite good , its normally rebranded stuff that would cost you much more elsewhere for exactly the same thing.

Last week I got a ultrasonic cleaner for jewellery, glasses etc (not coins) I paid 20 quid and its exactly the same as one on sale in argos for 45 quid and its well worth the money

Usually the aldi offer stuff is quite good , its normally rebranded stuff that would cost you much more elsewhere for exactly the same thing.

Last week I got a ultrasonic cleaner for jewellery, glasses etc (not coins) I paid 20 quid and its exactly the same as one on sale in argos for 45 quid and its well worth the money

i agree mate , ive aldi multitools and such here i use over the blackandecker and dremel which now sit in a draw 

• 1 year later...

Archived