• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1oz AMERICAN EAGLE GOLD COIN

darrol

do people in the UK collect American eagle 1oz coins ?  got a good  offer on one but I am not sure it would be easy to  sell on  in the UK ,  not without taking a loss maybe,  also I haven't seen many if any on Ebay that  are selling in  the UK  so I am a bit put off buying one for this reason .  

yes I get  the point about for bullion it will sell but what about condition  and Grade -  is they a love in the uk for these  coins , I can understand if I was selling them to someone from  America,  its just I am not sure anyone would care to much  only for spot price  .

19 minutes ago, darrol said:

do people in the UK collect American eagle 1oz coins ?  got a good  offer on one but I am not sure it would be easy to  sell on  in the UK ,  not without taking a loss maybe,  also I haven't seen many if any on Ebay that  are selling in  the UK  so I am a bit put off buying one for this reason .  

Check other auction houses not just eBay to get some idea. 

Anecdotally from what I've seen there's no more premium than Britannias, Kugerrands etc 

An ounce of gold is an ounce of gold. A krugerrand, britannia or eagle are generally going to get you the same price from a dealer.

They are just bullion but personally I love the bullion eagles, I wish the Royal mint would produce our gold in the same way adding a little bit of silver to the alloy makes all the difference.

We can collect anything or buy anything if the price is right. If you are getting a good deal 1oz gold eagle the go for it I say. It's an ounce of gold which is a priceless feeling. 

Yes, of course we do! The 1oz American gold Eagle is one of the world gold coins offered by the Royal Mint Bullion along with their Queen’s Beasts and Britannias. It is one of the most internationally recognised world gold coins. I’ve got a 1/4oz gold Eagle and 1oz American gold Buffalo. I’ve got to showcase that beautiful gold Buffalo on the forum sometime.

Archived