• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help finding PAMP 1/4oz Gold bar & Storage box

Mike12421

Hello all, 

My collection is starting to take shape with the purchase of several PAMP Fortuna gold bars. 

I'm struggling however to find somewhere that sells the 1/4oz Gold bar though. I've searched every seller that PAMP states that should sell it, however none do. I've emailed PAMP and several sellers directly, just waiting for any replies. 

In the meantime though, can anyone possibly point me in the right direction? 

Secondly, I have one of the plastic PAMP storage boxes however I would very much like something else, what exactly I'm not sure, but would love some ideas. I found this aluminium storage box whilst browsing, but it would appear to have been a one off and no trace of who the seller was. 

Screenshot_20190728-150906_Chrome.jpg

@Mike12421 

Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting pamp fortuna bars. The quarter ounce gold pamp bars do exist and I have A couple in my collection. Just like you I reached out to pamp a few years ago and was told that although they list it on the website - they haven’t produced them in over 10 years. They are rare and seldom come up for sale on the open market. 

Even rarer than the 1/4 ounce bar - is an 8 gram fortuna bar they made many many many years ago in limited quantities - I myself have been searching for 5 years now and have never come across or even seen one.

All that being said - It is the only size that pamp itself doesn’t even sell on its own website through their online store.

note: the gold 1/4 ounce bar is rare - but not as rare as the 1/4 ounce silver fortuna bar where only 100 examples are said to exist. (Based on the serial numbers of known bars online i.e bar 007 is in a collection of a YouTuber you posted the complete size bar collection about 6 years ago. His collection did not contain the 1/10 ounce fortuna bar that mine does which was removed from a pamp suisse watch.) 

If you were a premium member - you could check out pamp suisse talk - where I showcase all the bars in the set.

best bet to obtaining the bars right now is to wait, wait, and wait for it to pop up on eBay.

19 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

@Mike12421 

Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting pamp fortuna bars. The quarter ounce gold pamp bars do exist and I have A couple in my collection. Just like you I reached out to pamp a few years ago and was told that although they list it on the website - they haven’t produced them in over 10 years. They are rare and seldom come up for sale on the open market. 

Even rarer than the 1/4 ounce bar - is an 8 gram fortuna bar they made many many many years ago in limited quantities - I myself have been searching for 5 years now and have never come across or even seen one.

All that being said - It is the only size that pamp itself doesn’t even sell on its own website through their online store.

note: the gold 1/4 ounce bar is rare - but not as rare as the 1/4 ounce silver fortuna bar where only 100 examples are said to exist. (Based on the serial numbers of known bars online i.e bar 007 is in a collection of a YouTuber you posted the complete size bar collection about 6 years ago. His collection did not contain the 1/10 ounce fortuna bar that mine does which was removed from a pamp suisse watch.) 

If you were a premium member - you could check out pamp suisse talk - where I showcase all the bars in the set.

best bet to obtaining the bars right now is to wait, wait, and wait for it to pop up on eBay.

Wow, what a fantastic writeup, many thanks! 

I'll have to keep my eye out for both the 1/4oz and 8g then. 🙂

May I ask how you store your gold bars?

Regarding becoming a member, I'll certainly give it some thought. It looks like it is certainly worth the price. 

Thanks again. 

2 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

The Sharps Pixley 1/4 oz bar is my bar of choice. It’s a nice size, and the packaging is plain and simple which doesn’t distract the eye from the gold. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

3 hours ago, Pampfan said:

Here is a pic of the gold quarter ounce fortuna 

Enjoy the hunt @Mike12421

21184A99-1AFA-438C-8751-3958356F2B37.jpeg

D6D56222-FD2B-4B11-AC2E-4A9A88509B60.jpeg

Wow, that is beautiful. I best keep my eyes peeled during my travels, it would certainly make a fine addition to the collection. 

Looks like even the approved PAMP distributors don't always get it right, as I emailed goldavenue.com asking if they could source me this bar, they replied; "Answering your question, this PAMP gold bar was never produced. It can be produced, however, it would require a large quantity order." 🤔

3 hours ago, Mike12421 said:

Wow, that is beautiful. I best keep my eyes peeled during my travels, it would certainly make a fine addition to the collection. 

Looks like even the approved PAMP distributors don't always get it right, as I emailed goldavenue.com asking if they could source me this bar, they replied; "Answering your question, this PAMP gold bar was never produced. It can be produced, however, it would require a large quantity order." 🤔

You should send them a picture of mine - lol - what a bunch of ?!$&@

😜

Archived