• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Interesting/best Platinum coins of 2019?

LootGoblin

G'day all,
Lootgoblin has come out of the depths once again to ask you fine folks opinions on some fine coins.
Do any of you have a favorite Platinum coin? is there one out this year?
Or are there any new designs which caught your eye?

so far i love the skin textures on:
 2019 1 OZ SOUTH AFRICA BIG FIVE ELEPHANT .9995 PLATINUM PROOF COIN - and might even talk myself into buying one before the end of the day.
elephant1.png
elephant2.png

Decided to pick up a couple of these in silver BU at this time...pretty much spent my allotment on other gold procurements for the next couple of months...even though this platinum beauty would be a nice addition.

My size preference is 1 Troy ounce size.

For 2019, the Perth Mint Australia $100 Dragon BU platinum issue gets my vote.

My favorite Pt series in my collection is the China 100 Yuan Panda proof platinum issue from 1987 - 1990 (only a 4 year run 1 troz series).

My other prized 1 troz Pt issues in my collection are::

a) 1987 China proof Sino-American friendship issue with NYC skyline showing the Twin Towers

b) 1989 Canada proof Maple Lead issue and 1999 Canada BU Polar bear issue

c) 1998 US proof American Eagle issue 

Thanks all.  ❤️ 

did some digging and found the 2020 mouse will be in 1oz PT.  thats got to be my BU of choice this year.
picking up any koalas i find at spot until then.

The 1/3 ounce is a good size. Anyone know if the Mint launched it or was it a dealer exclusive?

China is going to drag us all to metric sooner or later. 

LG.

On 13/07/2019 at 20:39, AgCoyote said:

Absolutely beautiful. It's a lot over spot though even for platinum.  Is there a silver version of this coin?

I haven't seen any silver versions, unfortunately.

Archived