• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A little help with my Saudi Gold Guinea

Hello,

I recently bought a gold pendant but upon doing some research, I realized that it is a coin made into a pendant. That is how I came across the video mentioned above. Mine does not say 22 but it does have some inscriptions where there shouldn't be any. Can anyone shed some light what it means?

IMG_20210428_190001.jpg

IMG_20210428_185857.jpg

IMG_20210428_185917.jpg

59 minutes ago, jay1234 said:

Hello,

I recently bought a gold pendant but upon doing some research, I realized that it is a coin made into a pendant. That is how I came across the video mentioned above. Mine does not say 22 but it does have some inscriptions where there shouldn't be any. Can anyone shed some light what it means?

IMG_20210428_190001.jpg

IMG_20210428_185857.jpg

IMG_20210428_185917.jpg

That is 22 in Arabic. It is a jewellers copy.  

1 hour ago, Fathallazf said:

That is 22 in Arabic. It is a jewellers copy.  

Okay so I googled "22 in arabic" and now know that the rightmost character is 22 but can you also tell what the writing in the middle (that looks like two Ss or two 5s is?

5 hours ago, jay1234 said:

Okay so I googled "22 in arabic" and now know that the rightmost character is 22 but can you also tell what the writing in the middle (that looks like two Ss or two 5s is?

(ض٣). Thats whats in the middle circle. Which is one of the few letters in Arabic that isn't in the English alphabets and it is followed by number 3.  T3 is the nearest to that. Might be the the jewellers code or something i have no idea 😂.  On the left, its a [1] obviously. I have no idea why they used Indian and Arabic numerals on the same subject!    

5 hours ago, Fathallazf said:

(ض٣). Thats whats in the middle circle. Which is one of the few letters in Arabic that isn't in the English alphabets and it is followed by number 3.  T3 is the nearest to that. Might be the the jewellers code or something i have no idea 😂.  On the left, its a [1] obviously. I have no idea why they used Indian and Arabic numerals on the same subject!    

Wow! Thanks for all the information. 😁😁😁

• 1 year later...

Hello all. A bit late to the conversation but would like to add a few thoughts on the 'fake coin ' aspect of the saudi copies of the gold riyal.  Traditionally Men in Saudi do not wear gold, it is how Women carry their weath. These gold coins are sold in every shop in the gold market as bullion for Saudi men purchase gold wealth.  Yes the coins are restrikes but is real gold and if marked as content kt, it is that. Having lived in Saudi for a number of Years, Can tell you 100% that if sellers try to cheat or mis label anything from food to gold it is punishable by execution. With that said, had no worries buying them for what they were. Sold at market rate weight only I was buying the saudi and Brit sovereign marked either 22 @ 100. US and 21 at a bit less. Just saying if You can get them a bullion rate,can't go wrong