• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

surprise surprise

silver mack

Forum members have placed hundreds of orders with STG, and as far as I can see only one order has gone astray.....I see no need for STG to change anything. Cointreau's story is about another company not STG.

Come the new year when I place my next order I will be buying from STG without any hesitation 

No offence but this is Embarrassing! , talk about trying to push sales for them through the forum. (Which is exactly what your trying to do lol)

Having a hissyfit when people complain about something on STG behalf.

When I was in business I shipped many thousands of parcels with UPS and DHL.

Never had a single shipment lost.

Value of some shipments was significant but the contents less interesting to the handlers.

Bloody hell, According to 'Highland Tigers' parcels go missing all the time. He dosen't know a single company that it dosen't happen too.

No offence but this is Embarrassing! , It's like you're trying to push sells for them off people on here. (Which is exactly what your trying to do lol)

Also the problem is not directly with STG, But it is part of there problem as it's who they use to ship orders. 

I'v never had a problem with STG myself, im not bad mouthing them in anyway or telling people not to buy from them.

I just simply stated ' i would swerve them' for the fact of using a courier company that parcels go missing and they do alot of stupid things at times.

People part of this site dont like any criticism towards STG at all, it's something i'v noticed over the last few weeks.

Just stating my opinion thats all.

Yes, if STG is using a courier company that is lashing parcels, i will give them a SWERVE! , I'v seen other things and people complaining about UPS people not recieving things & UPS cocking up.

DONT BE SO QUICK TO KEEP DEFENDING SILVER TO GO!

lucky i haven't seemed to come across any of these LOADS of missing parcels from other companys your talking about then isn't it!

So which courier company do you want STG to use?. Then when you do choose one, try doing a search using that company name and the words "missing parcel" There isn't a courier or shipping company in the world that has never lost a parcel. Why do you think there is an insurance built in to most shipping costs.

I'm not defending STG, but I don't see the point of putting the blame on a company because one package has been delayed/lost at a time when there are more parcel shipped in one month than the rest of the entire year combined.

No offence but this is Embarrassing! , talk about trying to push sales for them through the forum. (Which is exactly what your trying to do lol)

Again this is no hissy fit, I have no connection to STG nor to this forum, in fact I've had more run in's with the sites admins and mods than anybody on here.

The only hissy fit I can see people not living in the real world, and expecting everything to be perfect. So you decide not to buy anything from one company that has a package go missing, yet you'll buy from another company.

A company that uses DHL, the very same company that I believe several forum members have had issues with in recent months.

Quite ironic really................ ;)  

Buck passing aside across ANY courier company, 

It is a thread like this that makes me very thankful I can pick up gold coins locally at reasonable 3% - 6% over spot (sadly not silver) with the cash (£) in my pocket and the responsibility of logistics & delivery are down to me only to get it back safe & sound on the bus

My 2pence on delivery companies, bought 100s of items via the web not just PMs.  

I have yet to have a problem with any delivery company other than missed delivery and missed delivery within timewindows they said.

UPS, FedEx, Royal Mail, Yodel, MyHermes, TNT, UKmail, Citylink, ParcelForce

Im sure it will happen to me one day but i don't anticipate it to be any one courier/delivery firm over another one

I don't particularly care who delivers my packages as long as the company can guarantee they cover it in the event of said losses. If anything, I'm much more wary of the actual company than their courier.

Agree with Paul, only delivery issues have been late delivery and even then I've probably had the same amount of *early* deliveries as *late* ones. Haven't had one go missing yet due to the courier.

Also...i wont be buying any pm's anytime soon? i ordered some on friday from Aurinum thanks. I'll let you know in the week when i recieve them without getting lashed shall i?

You also claimed in a previous post the following

I wont be buying any pms soon? i got some from Atkinsons on friday thanks... i'll let you know when i recieve them in the next few days without getting lashed shall i?

Just curious to know if you bought from both companies, it's just the latter statement appeared in the quoted part of your post by error, which may have been a mistake, (I know I've done it when deleting part of a persons quote). I just find it strange that you used identical wording on both statements, posted within 5 minutes of each other, but with different suppliers mentioned. I would have thought that if you had placed an order with two companies on Friday, you would have remembered that on a Sunday night/Monday morning and just made a single statement saying that you had bought from them both, instead of putting each company in a separate statement in a separate post 

Strange............... :unsure:  I just can't think of a reason for this to happen....oh well  :D

Paul, do you include your bus fare in your £/oz average, that is the important question here

If he is like me, it'll be a no. When I get my pm's in person, (and I have been known to travel 180 miles in around trip), I never factor in my travel costs. The reason being is that I treat it as a day out on my days off, and the chances are If I hadn't gone looking for PM's I would have gone somewhere else and done something else, and spent the same amount on fuel anyway.

Paul, do you include your bus fare in your £/oz average, that is the important question here

:) lol ............hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm... it is only £1.40 so it is not so a big deal.  Cheaper than Special Delivery

If i used my car to pick it up I would I have have to factor costs of petrol, parking costs, wear and tear on tyres, car insurance, aiding car depreciation

and that would be a bit of a headache for the spreadsheet

I dont normally add £/oz average for in person picks ups as ill normally treat myself to a few beers / a film or be getting some shopping at same time

You also claimed in a previous post the following

I wont be buying any pms soon? i got some from Atkinsons on friday thanks... i'll let you know when i recieve them in the next few days without getting lashed shall i?

Just curious to know if you bought from both companies, it's just the latter statement appeared in the quoted part of your post by error, which may have been a mistake, (I know I've done it when deleting part of a persons quote). I just find it strange that you used identical wording on both statements, posted within 5 minutes of each other, but with different suppliers mentioned. I would have thought that if you had placed an order with two companies on Friday, you would have remembered that on a Sunday night/Monday morning and just made a single statement saying that you had bought from them both, instead of putting each company in a separate statement in a separate post 

Strange............... :unsure:  I just can't think of a reason for this to happen....oh well  :D

How very very very petty. oh dear....

I'll explain, I made a few purchases on friday, roughly around 11am, from 3 different sites. ( Atkinson, Aurinum, muenzshop )

From muenzshop i only purchased ( 1 item ) that being the first company i originally posted... and from Aurinum i made my biggest purchase (18 items )

So when i posted that message, as this topic is about parcels going missing i thought it was better of me to put the company's name that i have made the LARGEST & more VALUABLE order with. which happened to be Aurinum. so i changed it. That ok with you?  :lol:

Get off you're high horse about STG mate, No one is blaming STG directly. i have placed orders with STG a few times and have never had a problem so far. But if they use a courier company that parcels go missing (which is only 1 you have EVER heard of lol) i & other people have the right to be weary especially with placing high orders, i know the items insured but would rather not go through all the hassle personally of waiting weeks for issues to get sorted.

But according to you this happens all the time! and you won't find any company that it doesn't happen with.... (funny....Im yet to come across it)  :lol:

How very very very petty. oh dear....

I'll explain, I made a few purchases on friday, roughly around 11am, from 3 different sites. ( Atkinson, Aurinum, muenzshop )

From muenzshop i only purchased ( 1 item ) that being the first company i originally posted... and from Aurinum i made my biggest purchase (18 items )

So when i posted that message, as this topic is about parcels going missing i thought it was better of me to put the company's name that i have made the LARGEST & more VALUABLE order with. which happened to be Aurinum. so i changed it. That ok with you?  :lol:

Get off you're high horse about STG mate, No one is blaming STG directly. i have placed orders with STG a few times and have never had a problem so far. But if they use a courier company that parcels go missing (which is only 1 you have EVER heard of lol) i & other people have the right to be weary especially with placing high orders, i know the items insured but would rather not go through all the hassle personally of waiting weeks for issues to get sorted.

But according to you this happens all the time! and you won't find any company that it doesn't happen with.... (funny....Im yet to come across it)  :lol:

also im not to great using this site, when i (quoted/reply) i couldn't seem to delete so maybe thats why you see 2 of the same messages but with different wording.

Still learning around here mate, im not really good with computers & forums.

Well after a week of disappointment and false promises from ups my package finally arrived!! yey.it's a surprise considering ups told me on Friday to contact stg to start an investigation as package was lost but hey Ho.feel really let down by ups.I understand it's a busy time of year but to take a 7 days to bring a package 10 miles isn't to good.I'm also 150 pound down in lost overtime because ups assured me every day last week package was coming.funny thing is I just phoned ups to track package and they informed me they still can find it!! even tho they delivered it earlier lol.I would like to make it clear that I don't hold stg even remotely responsible and will still be ordering from them with confidence

personally i think you have the roughly the same chance of your parcel going missing whoever you order off and whatever courier company they use , whether thats a private ebay seller using royal mail or stg using dhl or whatever . 

its a chance you take whenever parcels are placed into one of these systems , mistakes (and thefts) happen , always have and always will .

there is no perfect courier company .

glad you got sorted in the end though mack

Archived