• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just musing...

ilovesilverireallydo

I deal with some decent number of gold buyers. I often come across sovs, half sovs, proofs, sets, 1 oz and 1/10 oz gold coins, alongside an assortment of world coins. In the last 4 years I have never come across 1/2 and 1/4 ounce gold coins. The dealers say they rarely see them. 

Wonder why? 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I agree with the 1/4, I would expect them to be quite popular. One explanation for UK at least, could be that they're overshadowed by Sovereigns in this price range. 

Instagram: gildeon_67

6 minutes ago, Gildeon said:

I agree with the 1/4, I would expect them to be quite popular. One explanation for UK at least, could be that they're overshadowed by Sovereigns in this price range. 

Probably - retail their %over spots much higher. Not so much on sovs. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

The last gold i bought off the forum was a 1/2oz.

There are the 1/4oz QB's which are fairly popular.

Here are the mintages for bullion Perth lunar as a guide. The 1oz gold coins always sell out - 30 000 coins. The other weights are unlimited - the 1/10 and 1/20oz are popular.

https://www.perthmint.com/documents/Mintages/Bullion/The Australian Lunar Gold Bullion Series Two 2008 - 2019.pdf

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3/4 ounce gold coins are very rare, i have one in my collection a 2014 Kennedy gold proof half dollar, not sure how many other 3/4 ounce gold have been produced ?

1/4 and 1/2 ounce obviously found in set's, for example Brits, Eagles and Libertads but i guess quite a few stay in these sets and are not sold separately.

Personally as someone who is unfamilier with sovereigns I would prefer fractional gold all day long, at the right price of coarse.  Sovs dont have the weight written on them so this could put off potential buyers who arnt familier.

Given the choice at attractive bullion prices, fractional gold, eg britanias wins hands down over sovs imho.

Archived