• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Feb Group order dilemma!

Rugbyplayer

As some of you may have seen I made my first ever substantial purchase of silver recently and it was right here on TSF! 

25x1oz 20th anniversary Britannias in their tube......they are stunning! 

Takes my grand total to......25 1oz brits and 3x100g Scottsdale bars. Still just a minnow in the stacking world! We all started somewhere though right 😊

Anyway my dilemma is that I really intend on adding to my 'stack' via February's group order. Now in my mind I want to order the following:

20x2019 1oz Britannia with oriental border (thought these would compliment my 20th anniversary ones) 

1x10oz Queens Beast Unicorn

1x2oz Queens beast Unicorn

25x1oz canadian maple 2019

I've also added thor, iron man, black panther, deadpool, storm trooper and superman 1 oz coins to my want list. 

I think I may be unnecessarily stretching myself with my want list and will reduce this by about £250 ish. 

I just can't decide what to prioritise this time round! 

I'm in this for the long haul so I'll be keeping my stack intact for many years to come. 

Which would you bin/choose if it was your decision?? 

All opinions welcome and as always any advice gratefully received. 

Cheers 

"I've also added thor, iron man, black panther, deadpool, storm trooper and superman 1 oz coins to my want list.  "

Personally I would avoid those coins if the intention is stacking.

The other coins (maybe not the maples) sound like good stacking choices.

Hi @HawkHybrid

I know people are going to suck their teeth when I say this......but I have no real exit strategy!

Longer term investment really, with no real plan to sell. Don't get me wrong if for some reason the silver price was to drastically spike then of course I would let some go.

So I suppose maybe I am buying to bulk up the pension pot way down the line or maybe it will be for my kids to squander when I'm gone!

This I suppose is yet another area of learning for me on my silver journey, so once again advice is welcome.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

maybe it will be for my kids to squander when I'm gone!

That’s the reason I’m doing it but he knows he’ll have to sit on it for a while.

43 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

which would make a better inheritance?

HH

If you are asking me which coins would make for better inheritance, then I have no idea. I suppose that is maybe the reason for my initial question. I am still very much on a silver learning journey. 

I would say if you are getting the marvel or Star Wars coins then you would need the set. I have all the star wars coins so far but it’s mainly for novelty, my son loves Star Wars and my silver will be for him eventually. Their mintage is too high to justify the premium, albeit a small premium.

If you don’t go full set then stick to low premium silver, can’t go wrong with maples or brits in my opinion.

Archived