• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello from Swindon, UK!

AWM

Hello All!

Just a brief introduction! My name is Adrian, I'm 38 and I intend to spend a bit of time of this forum so it felt like a good move to introduce myself! I've been interesting in starting a collection of bullion for some time but have only just recently made the leap into doing so.

I've just placed my second order and hope to take advantage of buying silver from the EU for a while before Brexit kills our VAT-Free route to buy.

I have a relatively small stack going, at the moment. My strategy going forward will likely bore most of you: I intend to keep UK minted, legal tender with minimal premiums. The reason being to:

A) Move my not-real-money into something tangible.

B) Insulate against inflation.

C) Measure of last resort if things go badly wrong.

When I receive my second order, I will have a small, 100oz stack of Silver in the form of Britannias.

I hope to keep a small amount of platinum and gold also - though in the case of Pt this is purely because I like the metal, it's more scarce than gold and has more applications.

Once I have a fairly decent base to start from, I may start looking to diversify and get some bars and non-British, non-legal tender coins. But for now I want to get started building up a good base of CGT-free bullion.

I'll stop there, I'm sure you guys see plenty of these! But thank you for the forum and the advice I've seen thus far.

Kindest Regards,

Adrian.

Archived