• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

how do you link vids

alec86

how do you link vids? i know how to link like this http://youtube.com but not how to link it so it shows the vid and you just have to press play on it.

Thanks Alec

You just put the url like that, but with the "/watch?v=w8FmeSSaBZw" bit after

http://www .youtube.com/watch?v=w8FmeSSaBZw 

^ so like that about without the space, and the forum makes it a playable video automatically 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I think the difference is that if you past a link in as pure http the editor will pars that and show you the youtube video embedded in the post. If you past the address in as a link it will be displayed as a link in the post. Subtle difference, but that's computers for you!

I don't know if this forum uses the [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] tags or not? That would be the way to make sure you get it right.

LyW01reSjQQ

Nope - apparently not! Test failed!

alec, try doing it this way:

Go to the youtube vid you want to post.

Underneath the vid (bottom right) you will see four icons.

The icon you want is second from the left, the one that looks like a cog.

Right click on the cog. When you do that a small window appears with several options.

You want the one at the top that says 'copy video url' .Go ahead and left click 'copy video url'.

Now come here in your posting window.

Look up, always look up :P

On the top bar you want the fourth icon from the right that looks like a brown folder with some text bottom right.

Left click on that icon and you will see a small 'paste' window appear.

(Having said that, this icon needs to be 'highlighted' for it to work. If the icon is 'shaded' then all you need to do is type any

letter inside the posting window and this icon will suddenly illuminate and become activated. You can then left click it......)

When you have the pasting window you need to press down three buttons at the same time:

The control button, the arrow button above it (forget the proper name for it) and the letter v button.

Hopefully, you will then see your link appear in the screen. Now, finally left click 'ok' at the bottom of the paste window and voila!

Hope this helps.

• Founder & Administrator

You should just be able to copy and paste the link from the browser bar directly into a post and the forum should automatically recognise it as a YouTube link and parse it. Your YouTube vide above seems to have inserted OK, (at least when I am viewing via tapatalk)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

If when you paste the address in it becomes a link then it will not shoe the video in the thread. A link can be recognised because it is blue and underlined. Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5VT9Dmsg8

To avoid it becoming a link don't use the insert link button on the editor. If you are not doing that then I am not sure why you are getting links and not addresses, might be something to so with your clip board. Or the way you are copying the address in the first place.

A direct copy paste from the address bar on your browser should not be underlined in the editor,

https : // www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5VT9Dmsg8

and you get the video: (This is an orchestral version of a Pachelbel's Chaconne - it is one of the best classical compositions I have ever heard! Have a listen!)

Archived