• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My journey to 100x 20 French Francs

realbluegold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have opted for the small books to put all my sovereigns in, they are the same or similar to the ones HT put up a while ago.

I will post some pics when I get back home.

EDIT:Just remembered I will need G4 to assist in the extraction of my gold from the vaults.

As you can see I put all the coins in holders because I think that its very convenient...it's cheap, protects the coin, you can manipulate it and you can annotate things... I don't know who was a fan of these holders..kman or madhatter maybe?

It was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :D

Here are my two new additions ready to go into the album, and yeah I'm crap at photos too.

post-140-0-66756100-1413927488.jpg 

I also got a little album...for my other small gold, half sovs, ducats, 1/10... Maybe I will end up with a lot of albums shining with goolddd inside (golum is growing inside of mee)

I also have the smaller one for silver sixpences and threepence's etc.

That is here with me now in my bag, something to hold along with my 1878 CC Morgan dollar.

I aim to fill one Album with 60 x Half Sovs, one Album with 60 x Sovs and another with 60 x Foreign Gold coins. And then when I've done that, I'll start another three albums, and so on .

So far they are all in one album, Just  filled my fourth page, so I now have 24 Gold coins from 1/10th in size up to full sov

:D  

I have 2 mint tubes for sovereigns which I intended to fill.  Unfortunately, I went off on a tangent and have only managed 2 sovereigns.

As I explained before I am in a fortunate situation working in the Middle East. This will not last forever my contract is up in April / May 2015.

BUT and this is a big BUT, I am away from my family for over half of the year.  

​We all do have to make sacrifices.

As I explained before I am in a fortunate situation working in the Middle East. This will not last forever my contract is up in April / May 2015.

BUT and this is a big BUT, I am away from my family for over half of the year.  

​We all do have to make sacrifices.

Only ribbing you mate....lol. Believe me I've been where you are. I've had the 6 months at a time working away from home. You need to get the big money when and where you can, because you never know how long it's going to last. 

I was earning more money in 1998 than I am now. And I'm certainly not poor today. Just wish I'd saved more then. Luckily, you've managed to do what I was unable to do, and now I'm playing catch up, while you are ahead of the game. Fair play mate :D    

i think it would be nice to get a mix of a few of these small gold coins from around the world franc (france), sov (UK), rand (SA) ducat & coronas (austria), you also have the pahlevi (iran) rouble (russia) peso (mexico). Maybe for me down the line ill do that

not having a stack of each but one of each would be nice & would break the bank. Gold is gold after all them

Just make sure to label them with what they are, crt, weight, fine gold content, price paid etc

Possible resell privately may be a little bit of sticky issue however.

This is where uk sovereigns are great - oldest know bullion coin in the world & more or less universal design etc

i think it would be nice to get a mix of a few of these small gold coins from around the world franc (france), sov (UK), rand (SA) ducat & coronas (austria), you also have the pahlevi (iran) rouble (russia) peso (mexico). Maybe for me down the line ill do that

not having a stack of each but one of each would be nice & would break the bank. Gold is gold after all them

Just make sure to label them with what they are, crt, weight, fine gold content, price paid etc

Possible resell privately may be a little bit of sticky issue however.

This is where uk sovereigns are great - oldest know bullion coin in the world & more or less universal design etc

That's what I've started to do. Not that I want to because I'm collecting too many lines as it is but I just can't help myself. I love the variety in collecting. I'm going to try and keep it to fractionals under a quarter.

Archived