• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gods of Egypt - Advice

Kritika

54 minutes ago, Kritika said:

Can anyone advise me please.

Is its worth collecting the Gods of Egypt - Cleopatra, Anubis, Sobek & Khnum 2oz silver coins from Elemental & Sunshine Mint?

I believe this question could be asked referring to many different sets of coins.  I guess the simple answer to this question is, if you like a particular series and you can afford them, then buy them.

I am collecting this series of coins, because I like the theme, the designs and I like chunky 2oz Silver coins. Do I believe over time they will be a good investment? Who knows,  I’m buying simply because I like them. 

You are right, the premiums to play catch up are high currently, but that’s not say in the future they will remain high, they might well drop.  

In the scheme of things, the prices for the early releases aren’t inordinate, as my experience of picking them up on release in the UK is not cheap, I have got used to the idea of paying £40 to £45 on release. 

I also collect the 2oz Bullion Silver Queen’s Beasts series. These 2oz coins have low premium on release and the evidence is from the first three coins in the series is they attract large premiums, but will the remainder of the series replicate these premiums?  Again, who knows.

Right now, I wish I held several tubes each of the first three coins in the QB’s series, with this caveat, that’s right now, but in the months/years to come, the premiums might well dwindle, but as an investment, at way less than £15 an ounce, if bought VAT free, Queen’s Beasts are clearly a better bet as an investment opportunity as Opposed to the Egyptian Gods series

My point, having written all the guff above is this: 

Collect what you like the look of but don’t try and collect all the series you like!  Unless of course you have deep pockets! 

I’m of the opinion that collecting should not be confused with investing. 

Exelent and detailed advice @richatthecroft  I can’t thank you enough.

I’m already collecting the 2oz Qeens Beasts so I’ve decided I’m now going to stick to just that series. (Falcon is supposed to be out next month 😜)

Regarding your advice re collecting vs investing. I completely agree. I buy tubes of standard Britannia’s VAT free from Europe for my stacking and just sit on them for now. But it’s nice to collect the QB’s as well as they are such a lovely coin to look at.

I started collecting the Gods of Egypt, 2oz silver coins, but  finding them difficult to obtain! The only one that seems readily available is the latest one!!  I have found a Cleopatra, but the other 2 are almost impossible to find. So I'm not sure it would be much of an investment because of the cost to obtain the full set!  A pity because I think they look great.

Rob6

8 hours ago, rob6 said:

I started collecting the Gods of Egypt, 2oz silver coins, but  finding them difficult to obtain! The only one that seems readily available is the latest one!!  I have found a Cleopatra, but the other 2 are almost impossible to find. So I'm not sure it would be much of an investment because of the cost to obtain the full set!  A pity because I think they look great.

The only option I have found @rob6 is EBay from the states, Colorado Coins have them all and even sell all 4 as a set but each one works out £65 + with shipping and import duties, so going to give it a miss and stick to Queen's Beasts.

3 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

I have a Cleopatra and an Anubis that don't fit the rest of my stack.  Happy to part with them but I'd really want to get back what I paid for them.  PM me if you're interested.

Thanks but I'm going to stick to my QB for now, but I'm sure there are others who will be interested.

Archived