• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

JP Morgan & Silver

VonHaida

I came across this while browsing the other day and found it really interesting, I knew that someone is manipulating the market and was not really clear on how. Listen to this guy, he is not the best speaker (understatement) but the information provided is very relevant to all silver stackers. I think

I am sure that many on this forum know about this so I am sharing for newbz like myself

http://cambridgehouse.com/video/8071/jp-morgansilver-the-price-management-scheme-continuesed-steer

I know, hence the warning. It is only 15 minutes or so after all :D

Question is what is JPMorgan planning to do with soooo much physical silver, they cannot keep stacking forever, surely sooner or later they will want to double/treble their investment. Or am I reading it all wrong ? Who knows..

Well, we can at least predict when is it going to happen. If we keep a close look on their COMEX shenanigans, the moment they ignore the next silver rally and do not short should be the time to buy one last quick ounce before the price should skyrocket.

One thing that puzzles me about this talk of JPMorgan is the Volker Rule.  My understanding is that US banks are now prohibited from trading gold and silver — including forward, futures, and options contracts — except on behalf of customers and not for their own gains.  

So I don't understand how all of these positions cited, from the short futures contracts to the long silver holdings can be anything other than client positions.  Just like when JPMorgan reports holdings in a stock such as Apple...it is not the bank attempting to profit, but the aggregate holdings held on behalf of clients.  It could be that JPMorgan is simply the custodian that has garnered the most trust from clients over time, hence their larger position sizes, which does make sense to me given how they fared during the financial crisis relative to competitors.  

I've watched (admittedly only a few...) similar presentations, and this is never mentioned.  I'm no expert in the matter, so there is a good chance there is something I'm missing ? 

I believe it is well established that JPMChase is manipulating the price of silver down. At the same time the are purchasing physical silver having possibly the largest hoard in history. Every time I have heard commentators discuss this they assume that when JPMC stops manipulating they are going to sell their hoard for a huge profit. My question is what would stop them from flooding the market at that point to continue keeping the market price low? When they run out of physical they rinse and repeat, sell short and buy cheap. I am sure there is a mountain of information I don't have so I'm formulating this question from ignorance. I'm just interested in what everyone thinks?

Thanks, Ajohn151

1 minute ago, VonHaida said:

They already bought cheap, it would not make sense to sell cheap, they are in for a profit after all.

Unless they are complicit in maintaining the illusion. The speaker touched on this when he said in the 1970's the commodities manipulation began to cover the printing of fiat. I am not attempting to go down a conspiracy road, but the speaker mentioned this. Just another thought. 

I knew a guy on a training course who worked for JP morgan previously not on the investment banking side but procurement. He told me the have loads of assests inc books,art, wines etc. He said there is a book which lists it all. 

23 minutes ago, VonHaida said:

Or they are waiting for the SHTF(might even initiate it) and use the silver for a hostile takeover of USA corporation :D

What if the "Client" is the FED or USA Government - since the late 70's they have reported ZERO silver - but all the while the US gov and JPM have known the fiat system would inevitably collapse - notice the "storage" start point for JPM/Client was 2010/11 Hmmm - right after 2007/8 crunch  

ALL I know is that when the price is suppressed I buy as much as i can - and right now is so low 

I read somewhere that there are 2 parts to the story.

1. jp morgan have a lot of silver on their books. this bit

comes with proven data. what people make of it, when

was it bought, for how much, who actually owns it etc.

is any ones guess.

2. the government conspiracy of silver suppression. this

has no data backing what so ever. (why would the us

government bother to suppress silver? if they wanted

something done just make a law and ban ownership, as

they did with gold for a time in recent history. practical

measures beats beating around the bush)

the explanation given for those that push the 2nd part is

so that there is someone to blame for failings such as

why silver did not go to the moon after 2011 contrary to

projections and shockingly plunged. some are using

unproven government conspiracy theories to 'prove' that

they were right in 2011 with their moon shot predictions.

this would help ease the anger of their readers, supporters

etc who lost money listening to their 'facts'.

imo people are better off working on why/if they should

stack silver and a strategy that would help them face

challenges that may arise in the future.

HH

It is worth remembering that big custodian banks like JP Morgan and Citibank have trillions of dollars of assets under custody. 

This will include bullion, so any local custodian and quite a few domestic custodians will have large bullion holdings that are held for those who are their clients 

As to whether there is manipulation of prices, I think this is doubtful, simply because it could literally destroy a bank reputationally these days. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

THEORY: Prices falling so low that it will be soon uneconomic to continue mining production for many companies. What if this was always the part of the plan. Bring the mining corps. on the verge of bancruptcy, step in and take over the production also. 

Rip my theory to shreds if you wish so ?

13 hours ago, VonHaida said:

THEORY: Prices falling so low that it will be soon uneconomic to continue mining production for many companies. What if this was always the part of the plan. Bring the mining corps. on the verge of bancruptcy, step in and take over the production also. 

Rip my theory to shreds if you wish so ?

until you can get some data in there, it's just a theory.

how many large mining companies have they taken

over so far?

HH

18 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

until you can get some data in there, it's just a theory.

how many large mining companies have they taken

over so far?

HH

It is just a theory, data would be very difficult obtain, they would  surely buy them through another company or holdings to hide their identity. Silver foil hat on time :D

Hello everyone.  This article is 3yrs old... and refutes the commonly held notion of JP Morgan's silver hoard - not sure what to believe anymore.  Most of the follow-on comments are useless but Ali and Paul Sellon make interesting observations worth reading imho.  

https://www.sprottmoney.com/Blog/jpmorgans-imaginary-silver-hoard-is-explained-jeff-nielson.html

Oh and btw, I'm thinking of changing my handle to 1132ozs, ha!

V/r, 1000ozs

Incidentally, usdebtclock.org provides the following stats:

Paper to Silver Ratio today - 180 : 1 (I interpret this to mean there are 180 paper claims on every oz of physical silver)

Dollar to Silver Ratio in 1913  - $2.65/oz

Dollar to Silver Ratio today  - $643/oz inflation adjusted

V/r, 1000ozs

• 5 months later...

I too am wondering what JP Morgan is doing with the silver hoard.  Anyone have raw data and numbers to show what percent of the total amount of silver they have.

I wonder how they would manipulate the price down when they own so much silver.  

Does anyone have data showing if they're still purchasing or if they plan to unlaod the silver.

I guess it only matters depending ont the percentage of total silver holdings in the world compared to what JP Morgan has.

I don't think the US gov still hoards/stores Silver do they?

Archived