• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New £2 Two Dragons LPM and Royal Mint Tie Up

ilovesilverireallydo

I agree the RM Two Dragons doesn't quite have a wow factor, as some have said. But it certainly has enough good things going for it. I do like it as a design. I might be among the very few who wasn't too taken with Perth's Dragon/Phoenix. Could never quite put my finger on why, i guess it was how "busy" it looked. I like this Two Dragons more. After first thinking "would this look better with the dragons in a high-shine finish", i think it is better in a soft frost. This will let the details really come out, especially in the Welsh dragon.

I also prefer the classic look of the welsh dragon with big flappy wings to the oriental depictions, anyway. Chinese dragons are very serpentine, with arms and legs going every which way, and often sporting a bushy beard. (look forward to @PansPurse observations here, with regard to todays dragons in captivity, and the problems zoo keepers have maintaining dragons beards :D)

But yes, liking this one quite a lot. Capsuled at the mint, too, which is a big plus for me. I think this one could prove to be a sleeper. Time will tell. Regardless, i will enjoy owning this one. One last note on it - seen by some perhaps as simply playing up to the Asian market. I don't agree. Yes, the RM want to do more business there, that's a given. But i've seen some coins by other mints around the world which have zero reasons to depict dragons except to suck up to the Chinese market. Well, here i think it happens to be very apt. The RM facility is in Wales. They have more logical reason than any others to do a "twinning" of dragons with China. Good on them. A worthy and fine entrant in the often done dragon theme.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, orion said:

I ordered silver emus from both apmex and Lpm. LPM package arrived 6 days before apmex. Order was placed one day apart. 

That's not an ordinary coin. APMEX was probably wheeling and dealing these things to get max profit. Who knows what their tactics were. But you mentioned "shipments" with an "S". So all 15 shipments came quicker or just the ugly birds?

I also got an email from The Royal Mint but they are much much cheaper on goldsilver.be coming in at £16.65 rather than the £32 incl. VAT or there abouts from the mint.

Thinking of putting in an order to goldsilver.be soon so if any one is wants some, PM me to save the postage costs.

On 04/04/2018 at 20:18, caloundracats said:

I also got an email from The Royal Mint but they are much much cheaper on goldsilver.be coming in at £16.65 rather than the £32 incl. VAT or there abouts from the mint.

Thinking of putting in an order to goldsilver.be soon so if any one is wants some, PM me to save the postage costs.

I think in the April Europeantmint group order they may be price matched, check with @BackyardBullion if so you might save on postage instead of going solo

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

4 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Is this the one you are looking for?  £13.72 from goldsilver.be

1 oz silver Niue Double Dragon 2018 $2

yup that's the one! I don't order from goldsilver.be because my ex dominatrix works there and it's awkward :D, but one place in the USA besides ebay has it. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I think in the April Europeantmint group order they may be price matched, check with @BackyardBullion if so you might save on postage instead of going solo

I don't think that the EU mint have these - they have the royal mint ones, but not the Niue ones.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I don't think that the EU mint have these - they have the royal mint ones, but not the Niue ones.

Actually I think @caloundracats wants the Royal Mint ones mate, it’s @999magnum that wants the Niue ones.

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived