• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

newbie silver collector struggling to find central knowledge / help

gtw1989

1 hour ago, gtw1989 said:

mmm so with maintenance and premium included I might be better off stacking bars for bullion and only collect the ones I'm interested in (queens beast are perrrdy!) or save up for proofs / collectibles.

has anyone used www.silver-to-go.com. its offering VAT free silver but I'm unsure of wether its safe or dodgy?

You can always offload to a dealer will pay you just below spot. If you want to get premium for your coins you need to find your "exit strategy". 

VAT free silver is a not really legal loophole that might close now with Brexit. You can order via @BackyardBullion to save postage from goldsilver.be

Nobody can predict which proof coins will do well. A lot are being sold below issue price even after initial hype. There is no easy way to make money. 

[Having said that, if you order from gs.be you might want to get one of those coins that must not be named. It started at €20 and sells now for €30 but on eBay it goes already for €50. It already has a high premium and you might even loose some so if you get one it's on your own risk. Do your own research and judge for yourselves.]

Some companies will hold onto coins you buy so you only pay one postage charge. If you only want a couple of coins, postage gets expensive. i think goldsilver.be does this but there are probably others. This can get your coin cost down if you are not a big buyer but a frequent buyer.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Having said that, if you order from gs.be you might want to get one of those coins that must not be named.

Not sure what coin you are referring too???

[emoji12]

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not sure what coin you are referring too???

emoji12.png

Gav you had to bring it up. A leopard never changes it spots. :P

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

14 hours ago, Jay2 said:

Super helpful replies on here.

This forum is so good.

came on here because it was on a youtube video. this subject is pretty complex and the information is so unorganised. I came on here just on a chance and its been amazing! good to see a bit of banter on here as well. gotta have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, airmac said:

So what is considered only a few coins when referring to gs.be and postage?

A few coins would cost you €18 in Shipping. 

If you join in my group order then the Shipping share might be only 20p then £2 - £3 onwards Shipping to you. 

So difference is £16 or £3.50

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

A few coins would cost you €18 in Shipping. 

If you join in my group order then the Shipping share might be only 20p then £2 - £3 onwards Shipping to you. 

So difference is £16 or £3.50

But being in Luxembourg and you in England I would have a decent postage back to the continent wouldn't I?

Forgive me for pimping my current sales offerings but if we have new members looking to begin a foundation in precious metals (PM) especially if you're stacking, you should really check out my current Silver bullion sales on the USA & Canada thread in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.  Prices lower than JM Bullion (ultra-inexpensive US dealer) offers even if you're buying in bulk (500+) and low shipping from the US to anywhere in US/Europe...AND I'm getting damn good at my "creative" invoices to help minimize pesky fees like VAT. Just sayin' ;)

Huh...did some additional browsing to satisfy my own curiosity and I'm cheaper than Goldsilver.be as well!

13 minutes ago, Jester said:

Forgive me for pimping my current sales offerings but if we have new members looking to begin a foundation in precious metals (PM) especially if you're stacking, you should really check out my current Silver bullion sales on the USA & Canada thread in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.  Prices lower than JM Bullion (ultra-inexpensive US dealer) offers even if you're buying in bulk (500+) and low shipping from the US to anywhere in US/Europe...AND I'm getting damn good at my "creative" invoices to help minimize pesky fees like VAT. Just sayin' ;)

Huh...did some additional browsing to satisfy my own curiosity and I'm cheaper than Goldsilver.be as well!

No harm in you helping where needed too!

But even with creative invoicing people would run the risk of a hefty import VAT charge if importing outside the EU.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived