• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Group grading PCGS?

MrTCoins

Hi All,

I'm new and was looking for someone who does group PCGS gradings like Numistacker does for NGC only for here in the states.  Any suggestions would be appreicated

On 12/07/2017 at 18:16, sovereignsteve said:

It could be arranged to have a PCGS group grading in the UK but you said you wanted one for the US. I'm not sure if @Numistacker would accept submissions from the states for NGC. He might as he's over there often.

You host :D?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

50 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

You host :D?

I wouldn't rule it out. I'll probably send some over to the US at some point and would be happy to send anyone else's.

Certainly wouldn't be as prolific as Numi though:blink:

Not sure if I will yet, need to look into the shipping across the pond.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

11 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I wouldn't rule it out. I'll probably send some over to the US at some point and would be happy to send anyone else's.

You don't need to send it to the US.

I send my stuff to PCGS Paris.

3 minutes ago, metalslug said:

You don't need to send it to the US.

I send my stuff to PCGS Paris.

ok for modern coins (€20 or £17.50) and for more valuable older coins (€45 or £39.50) but for less valuable, older gold coins they are too expensive.

PCGS US are only $32 or £24.50

It depends on outward shipping really as return is about the same cost. Submission to Paris at a coin show is possible but you have to factor in travel to the show unless you're going anyway. That's a big expense for me,

26 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Not Paris ?????? 

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

ok for modern coins (€20 or £17.50) and for more valuable older coins (€45 or £39.50) but for less valuable, older gold coins they are too expensive.

It depends on outward shipping really as return is about the same cost. Submission to Paris at a coin show is possible but you have to factor in travel to the show unless you're going anyway. That's a big expense for me,

You pay more sure, but i would also say it is less risk of them being lost.

You can drop them at the Birmingham coin show if you want to to avoid shipping costs.

In my experience so far PCGS in the states is slow at grading, i still have 4 coins waiting to be graded with them and it's been nearly 2 months.

While PCGS Paris take 2-3 weeks.

55 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

No insurance though 

are u going to send a e.g rare coins without insurance just to save 20 quid 

46 minutes ago, metalslug said:

You pay more sure, but i would also say it is less risk of them being lost.

You can drop them at the Birmingham coin show if you want to to avoid shipping costs.

In my experience so far PCGS in the states is slow at grading, i still have 4 coins waiting to be graded with them and it's been nearly 2 months.

+1

3 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

No insurance though 

are u going to send a e.g rare coins without insurance just to save 20 quid 

no, the rare and valuable coins go to Paris. Just the less valuable bread and butter gold that goes to the US; the ones where spending the extra £20 doesn't make economic sense.

As i said, this is just an early plan at the moment. I need to carefully look at shipping and weigh up all the costs against the risk.

It may well not happen;)

4 hours ago, metalslug said:

Not an issue

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

no, the rare and valuable coins go to Paris. Just the less valuable bread and butter gold that goes to the US; the ones where spending the extra £20 doesn't make economic sense.

As i said, this is just an early plan at the moment. I need to carefully look at shipping and weigh up all the costs against the risk.

It may well not happen;)

Not an issue

depends on how many coins you are sending, otherwise it will work out about the same

as paris , 10 plus will be ideal for usa ........ otherwise save the headache

Just now, fehk2001 said:

depends on how many coins you are sending, otherwise it will work out about the same

as paris , 10 plus will be ideal for usa ........ otherwise save the headache

indeed, the more the merrier.

On 7/14/2017 at 12:56, metalslug said:

My latest PCGS took 3 weeks here in the states.  Was a mix of Continental and International coins.  But if its cheaper somehow to ship coins to in group for a Paris run I'm all for it!

... Sooo, I think I've figured it out.  Looks like majority of members in Silver Forum are not states side.  Now I understand why I can't find anyone here doing group PCGS or NGC grading in US :lol:.

Archived