• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is a handwritten signature? (Trial of the Pyx)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So, I got a very kind reply from emailing Anne Jessop and the website listings were shortly amended thereafter. 

I was contacted by the Head of Collector Services and a (hand)signed certificate was being issued from the mint, looks like they’re also now making an effort to make it right by sending the same thing to everyone who purchased a trial piece prior the updating of the listings. 

The generic “dear customer” letter was sent after the above and I’d already received my certificate.

@paulmerton you’ll need a binder to keep them all in! 😅

I’ve cropped the details on the certificate to avoid doxxing myself! 

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

Edited by KurtCollects

3 minutes ago, KurtCollects said:

So, I got a very kind reply from emailing Anne Jessop and the website listings were shortly amended thereafter. 

I was contacted by the Head of Collector Services and a (hand)signed certificate was being issued from the mint, looks like they’re also now making an effort to make it right by sending the same thing to everyone who purchased a trial piece prior the updating of the listings. 

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

That is a super lame resolution though.

Imagine buying a Fender Stratocaster at a huge premium because it says it's been hand signed by Eric Clapton, recieving one with a printed signature, and Eric expecting it to be all made up for by sending you a separate piece of paper with his handwritten signature on it.

More generally, it's hugely disappointing that these trial of the pyx coins come with absolutely zero mention of what the trial even is. Previous releases have come in large folders that contains loads of information about the process.

Also, for certain coins, the slabs don't even reveal how many coins were returned from the trial in total. The whole release has been very poorly thought through in my opinion.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

That is a super lame resolution though.

Imagine buying a Fender Stratocaster at a huge premium because it says it's been hand signed by Eric Clapton, recieving one with a printed signature, and Eric expecting it to be all made up for by sending you a separate piece of paper with his handwritten signature on it.

More generally, it's hugely disappointing that these trial of the pyx coins come with absolutely zero mention of what the trial even is. Previous releases have come in large folders that contains loads of information about the process.

Also, for certain coins, the slabs don't even reveal how many coins were returned from the trial in total. The whole release has been very poorly thought through in my opinion.

Agreed about the accompanying materials.

Also, if all the coins got generic graded, it begs the question - why bother grading at all? Why not just use the usual certicard?

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Agreed about the accompanying materials.

Also, if all the coins got generic graded, it begs the question - why bother grading at all? Why not just use the usual certicard?

Let's not bully this tiny backyard mint any more than necessary! These difficult questions about quality and caring about customers will come in due time. For now it's only something big boy mints are concerned with. Yes yes, promises were made, but better luck next time. Sound good? Alright, now buy this 1993 1/10 Uglycoin™️ for a mere 87% premium, postage £40 (prior purchase approval from your bank needed).

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KurtCollects said:

The generic “dear customer” letter was sent after the above and I’d already received my certificate.

IMG_1361.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

IMG_1340.jpeg

It definitely feels like doing the bare minimum to resolve the issue. However, thanks to Kurt for bothering to contact them, we at least a real signature and some additional provenance. Poor from the RM to begin with, but cheers to Kurt for following up on it.

Edited by SlowFrog