• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Shops in London

3 hours ago, bobski said:

Tavex is also a good option to remember. Can collect by appointment, and they're a lovely bunch

Can you just walk in or I need an appointment? I see they seem one of the best prices 

Just now, neo4516 said:

Can you just walk in or I need an appointment? I see they seem one of the best prices 

Appointment only I think? @NGMD should be able to clarify 

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Just now, neo4516 said:

Ok I can call them in the morning for the afternoon or would need a days notice? 

I don't think you need to call them, but instead have an idea of what you want to see so they can bring it out in one go. 

Otherwise it will be a lot of back and forth 

2 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I don't think you need to call them, but instead have an idea of what you want to see so they can bring it out in one go. 

Otherwise it will be a lot of back and forth 

Ok cool yeah I have a idea what I am after also as you might know London better than me would I able to pick up some sovereign capsules and the book The Gold Sovereign Series while over?

Tbh not from tavex and I doubt you will be able to get it from dealers in London. 

Your better of getting the capsules and book here from the forum and get It send to the address you staying at London. 

30 minutes ago, neo4516 said:

Thanks was hoping to pick up as to send to me they would screw me owner on vat after brexit

Get it posted to wherever you're staying while you're here

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

I'm sure which ever member you might meet up could sell you their copy and they can buy another.  If I am in London when you are around I have no problem working out a deal on some sovereigns or whatever other gold you are after and sell you my copy.  If you want sovereign capsules, you have to decide if they are to be the brand Air-Tite or any other.   Listed below is a good company that sells different versions. I have used them and they are good.

https://www.coingallery.co.uk/coin-capsules-34-c.asp

Never Chase and Never Regret 

26 minutes ago, KevjustKev said:

If you wish to buy in person, most likely need some photo ID, maybe two photo ID's. And you will have to set up an account, both for HGM and Sharps

Yes by the looks of it up to 5k with one form of id. :) 

I thought Heritage Coins was the best coin shop in London? Ive never been there but i'd love to pay a visit next time I'm in London . More for the numismatic I would think . 

5 hours ago, neo4516 said:

Ok after lots of deliberation I think I am good to only look for sovereign coins only! So any advise would be grateful 

Sharps can look for a dated one for you if you give them a day or so. Or even phone back a few hours later

5 hours ago, neo4516 said:

Ok after lots of deliberation I think I am good to only look for sovereign coins only! So any advise would be grateful 

Then Bairds or ATS Bullion is the place to go IMO. They will actually give you a choice of several sovereigns to pick out.

Sharps will only do that if they know you dropping 10k on the day.

Edited by MrStacker