• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

RWB Coin Auctions - 14 Feb '24

Just a heads up that a coin auction will be taking place at RBW Auctions on 14 Feb'24.

There are loads of lovely coins, I've got my eyes on that 1490 King Edward III gold noble. Wow! What a coin.

I'm sure Max won't mind me reposting this:

Auction takes place on the 14th February at the new auction house in Royal Wootton Bassett
The sale offers a wide selection of coins and medallions, there is something for everyone!
The buyers premium is set at only 10% + VAT
Bidders are welcome to attend the sale in person, or bid live through various platforms (Including the RWB Auctions website)

https://www.rwbauctions.com/coin-sale/2024-02-14?fbclid=IwAR23c9TFDrRhLTHFS02cHBYegJ2_kNVw9juGJJAQCuhDY9-Gi77uZQiton4

image.thumb.png.28e25c75553b2bcfcd6904767bdd9880.png

16 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Just a heads up that a coin auction will be taking place at RBW Auctions on 14 Feb'24.

There are loads of lovely coins, I've got my eyes on that 1490 King Edward III gold noble. Wow! What a coin.

https://www.rwbauctions.com/coin-sale/2024-02-14?fbclid=IwAR23c9TFDrRhLTHFS02cHBYegJ2_kNVw9juGJJAQCuhDY9-Gi77uZQiton4

The 1823 dbl Sov is an absolute beauty (page4)IMG_9772.thumb.png.998424ce9e8178970cfbd7b99a43c1d5.png

3 hours ago, Kitalon said:

Fab coin - I have said this before, but we once owned a house that one of the covenants in the deeds dated back to the 14th Century and a number of gold Nobles and bushels of grain had to be paid to the ‘poor of Hurley’ on an annual basis. We had to take insurance - just in case!!

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

Pretty common, however, at least you know that if there are any reserves then they are not very high as it is illegal to have a reserve lower than the lower end estimate🤔😮

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

Pretty common, however, at least you know that if there are any reserves then they are not very high as it is illegal to have a reserve lower than the lower end estimate🤔😮

Really ? I did not know that. 

But not sure I trust auction houses to follow any rules. 

36 minutes ago, Pm1987 said:

Really ? I did not know that. 

But not sure I trust auction houses to follow any rules. 

This one is easy to check on. The iffy thing is you leave a bid on the books. Leave a bid of max £50, they should work up to that and you could get item for a lot less. Unfortunately, some will start at your max!🤔😮

Very good rates! I don't know a lot about auctions but many local auction houses can have buyers rates of 30-33%. Wessex Coins is only 18%. Plus delivery costs. So RWB Auction only charging a 10% buyers fee is excellent. 👌

Backed by the Britannia Coin Company they seem to believe more in the collectors and the coins themselves than just the money they could earn from them. I was arranging a viewing for Saturday but unfortunately something's come up so I won't make it.

Will be watching online though. 😀