• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Italian collectors/dealers, contacts needed

I know that there are some Italians in here, could you kindly tag anyone that could help me out? Some information needed.

Mom has got on my case for a silver coin being released later this year in Italy, I told her that I have no clue where to buy in Italy being that, well, I haven't lived there for nearly 2 decades, was as useful as talking to the wall, so I am left needing to source this bloody Albachiara silver coin.

https://tg24.sky.it/spettacolo/musica/2024/01/10/moneta-vasco-rossi-albachiara

Where do I buy? Do I go straight to the mint? Are there any dealers you would recommend? If they are physical dealers, would you know of any in Florence where I can send my mother in person? Is there maybe something similar to this forum in Italian?

Hi there. I hadnt heard about that at all, but after a quick Search i found some info. It s a brand new news (official gazette of last 29 december) of this commemorative silver coin due to be released next 11 june 2024.

it will be a legal tender coin with a face value of 5 euros.

No news still about total mintage and or release price; and of course nothing about how/where to buy it.

i ll keep an eye on a forum where i regularly participate and keep you informed as i ll get any update..

why Florence if i can ask?

It could be either like a sovereign release day up to 2017…sold out in 20 minutes..

or more like a 2023 sovereign release day…

?????

Edited by refero

Well, it did say so in the article I linked, but thanks for doing some research ;)

Mom obviously lives in Florence.

I'm just after some contacts, if you know of any dealer in Florence I could give them a call, or if you could share an Italian forum I wouldn't mind joining to keep up to date on the topic, I would appreciate a PM, I don't think it's against the rules, not that I could find them unfortunately...

hi there, dont know why but i got a "you cant receive private message" notitication as i sent mine to you.. i ll copy it here as there are no secret or sensible info..

good afternoon, 

after another quick search, it looks like there are no many additional info available at the moment. The coin being released on the 11 June by the Italian State mint (thats the link to the shop). 

Shop IPZS S.p.A. 

I guess that, in due time, more info will pop up. Have no idea about release price and total mintage; so i d say best option is to buy off the Mint directly, if possible. Dealer might get it eventually but with which surcharge? I ll keep an eye and let you informed, the only reliable italian forum is www.lamoneta.it ; as of this morning nothing related to this coin, but i guess there are just no more info available today.

cheers

Cheers mate, was just asking as here in UK is not always true that the mint is cheaper than retailers, matter of fact, most of the silver I bought on this forum was cheaper than what I would have been charged directly by the Royal Mint.

Thanks for your time, it is sincerely appreciated.